Class A State Title Thread: Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Clairton

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Class A State Title Thread: Bishop Guilfoyle vs. Clairton

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Yes but out over 500 schools in PIAA/WPIAL,Less than 1/4 are privates, soooooo, 6-6 is a much higher percentage of privates to public
QuoteTheRaven
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by QuoteTheRaven »

I think this game comes down to BG's ability to matchup with Clairton's athletes. Johnstown had BG on the ropes and almost pulled it off. To me this game is very similar to that game and Clairton has better athletes than Johnstown does. The Bears have had this game in the back of their minds for 2 seasons...The Streak ends this week

Clairton 28
BG 20
Last edited by QuoteTheRaven on December 6th, 2016, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hard work pays off, dreams do come true. Bad times don't last, but Bad Guys do!"
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Clairton's 2 best athletes are a little better than Johnstown's, and they actually use them. Exree Loe barely touched the ball against BG. Lamont Wade will touch the ball quite a bit, that could be the difference.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

dadw/2sons wrote:First of all did you notice that nobody answered my question about the BG linemen? That pretty much answers the question without a response doesn't it?
Then about LV. I never even heard of 2 of the 3 schools these kids were moving from into LV. I have heard of Greensburg-Salem. The difference between parochial and public transfers is that residence must be established inside the school district and local taxes must be paid. Unless you know more about these 3 kids you would have to think that there could have been job opportunities involved or other reasons. These kids will not live in another school district and drive to LV to attend the school and then drive back to another school district.
I know transfers happen in the public schools, but not to the degree in the private section. In the public system the family or at least part of it has to at least look like residency is being set up in the new district. That is the difference. 
Can we drop the topic of recruiting? Why does it even matter at this point? Every school in the United States gets transfers. People only care because a child plays football or basketball but never cares if a child is in the band or a cheerleader. Recruiting is a topic beaten to death. I'd rather talk about puppies or the upcoming Class A Championship game. 
OpinionatedOrange
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by OpinionatedOrange »

I could see this game coming down to the last drive but if I was going to pick a winner I would say Clairton 24 BG 21.... I think Clairton's speed is the difference in the end.
MrReliable
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by MrReliable »

CalPreps (with 83% accuracy for PA this season) just released their projection:

Clairton 28 BG 26.

That sounds about right. We're gonna get a good one, folks.
TheRealBleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheRealBleacherCoach »

Besides Wade I would take Jtowns athletes any day. BG is also still the 2 time defending champs. Honestly I don't see this being the great game everyone thinks it will. Already said I was thinking a 3 score win for BG. They will not let 1 person beat them and Clairton plays sloppy. That will kill them against a team like BG.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

As far as skilled players between Johnstown/Clairton, don't sleep in Noah Hamlin. He's ridiculously good.
animus
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by animus »

[justify]Since when was Clairton a "one man team?" Noah Hamlin is getting several P5 offers and then there are kids like Clifford and Howard that can slay an opponent. Sure Wade is a top notch talent worthy of his acculades, but there's a lot more to Clairton than just Wade. Then on the defensive side of the ball, remember the name Maurice Reeves. That kid will likely be a P5 recruit, this tike next year, at DE. Clairton only has three SRs so this squad just may be back in Hershey next year. There's quite a bit of D1 and D2 talent on Clairtons roster. What we're not is a one man show.[/justify]

As for sloppy play. I figure it to be a one week anomaly. Clairton wasn't that sloppy until last week. I rewatched the Northgate and Jeannette games and specifically looked for botched snaps and didn't see any. With that said, I'd hope that it doesn't carry over.
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

MrReliable wrote:CalPreps (with 83% accuracy for PA this season) just released their projection:

Clairton 28 BG 26.

That sounds about right. We're gonna get a good one, folks.
CalPreps may score 83% throughout the season, but the majority of regular season games ARE easy to predict.  I'd place more stock in this prediction if CalPreps scored anywhere even close to that in state championship games.