College football playoff system is a farce, BCS with 4 teams

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Penn1971
Freshman
Freshman

College football playoff system is a farce, BCS with 4 teams

Post by Penn1971 »

CFP has an Ohio State bias. Penn State deserved to be in the final four based on CFP criteria.
http://hce1947.blogspot.com/
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: College football playoff system is a farce, BCS with 4 teams

Post by konjo78 »

No penn state didnt.... they had the worst record vs top 25 teams in the top 6. They lost one game by too many and another to a rival.

When each team has a better record vs top 25 teams than penn state the case was slightly easier to make keeping penn state out
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

If Penn State wanted to make the playoffs it should have beaten Pitt or Michigan or both.
OpinionatedOrange
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by OpinionatedOrange »

The Big Ten was by far the strongest conference this year. What it can down to was Penn State finishing with two losses. If penn state doesn't lose to Pitt I believe the Comittee would of put them in over Washington being that they both would have one loss and that Penn State won a way more impressive conference. I don't think they would of ever replaced Ohio State with Penn State because OSU had the best résumé.
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Yeab lets make it clear. out of all teams, ohio state has the best resume by far. 3 top 10 wins, the biggest road win for the top 10 and they were rewarded for that.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Those quality wins against Kent State and Temple, may be schedule a little better out of conference.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Temple actually helped Penn State's cause this year. That's actually one of their better wins.
grasshopper
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by grasshopper »

The BCS committee and PSU, please get over it.     Are you to young to remember 1968, 1969, 1973, 1994?
Look at 1973, 12-0, Heisman Trophy winner and finished 5th.   Their hated nationally by the press.
I totally agree with some of the comments here.   Go to the Rose Bowl and enjoy.   Only 1 comment I didn't
care for from the committee before the Big 10 final game.   The committee said that PSU lost to a 8-4 team. (Pitt).
Well Clemson lost to a 8-4 team also at home.  (Pitt).   Yes I know Clemson has just that defeat and in my eyes
are better than PSU and I know Ohio State is better but it just gets me fired up on occasion when the verbal attacks
come out against PSU.   They had a superb season which no one on Bleacher Coaches ever expected.  For PSU
fans just sit back and enjoy the bowl games.   They did well.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

CoffinCorner wrote:Those quality wins against Kent State and Temple, may be schedule a little better out of conference.
Penn State's out of conference schedule is ranked 9th, not much higher to go when the schedules are made what, 5-6 years in advance?
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

I don't even like Penn State and I think they got screwed.  I don't care if PSU is in there or not but its just annoying that after all these years college football will still produce a mythical national champion, as far as I am concerned.