BG Rebuilding

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

BG Rebuilding

Post by CCDevil2012 »

BG has their first big transfer for the 2017 season, 6'2" 195lb Junior RB Max Sankey from Altoona.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: BG Rebuilding

Post by Manfred »

The beat (down) goes on.
It ain't over until it's over.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

Another reason for the BG faithful to be proud of their winning streak against A opponents as they get another AAAA or higher transfer. Must be another "attraction" to the BG machine that they should be so proud of. notice I didn't use the "R" word which they don't do!!
lhacfan63
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by lhacfan63 »

dadw/2sons wrote:Another reason for the BG faithful to be proud of their winning streak against A opponents as they get another AAAA or higher transfer. Must be another "attraction" to the BG machine that they should be so proud of. notice I didn't use the "R" word which they don't do!!
put yourself in the mind of a 17 year old.  I for one wouldn't want to play at Altoona that program is falling apart what with kids walking out of practice and such.  If I was him I know that I would want to play somewhere were I would win more than 3 or 4 games and get not crushed by wpial teams every week.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

I agree. Id go to BG Altoona is so dumb. In high school i believe if you can build confidence in the kids to believe they can win then they have a better shot. Wheeler has done that at BG and Franco did that at Tyrone. At Altoona after week 1 or 2 the kids know they are gonna get beat down every week you cant build confidence in that conference.
bedfordalumni
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bedfordalumni »

I find this thread a joke. They don't have to rebuild just recruit new players. They are no different then Pitt and penn state. But wait at least Pitt and penn state play other schools that are able to recruit.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

bedfordalumni wrote:I find this thread a joke. They don't have to rebuild just recruit new players. They are no different then Pitt and penn state. But wait at least Pitt and penn state play other schools that are able to recruit.
I don't think he was recruited, but when you've won 47 games in a row your program speaks for itself. But the BG's argument of "out kids are homegrown" ends this year.
bedfordalumni
Freshman
Freshman

Post by bedfordalumni »

Yes the program speaks for recruiting kids from aa,aaa,aaaa schools and then playing the smallest schools in the state. Kinda like the steelers playing Pitt.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

When I was 17 it wouldn't have been my decision to make
lhacfan63
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by lhacfan63 »

knowitall wrote:When I was 17 it wouldn't have been my decision to make
true it wouldn't be up to I him but I for one would've begged my parents to send me to bg