Should Clairton's Wade be Disciplined!

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Should Clairton's Wade be Disciplined!

Post by Awdhaemel »

This isn't the first time Coach Wade's post game comments or actions have been in question, should the recent flare up have more strict penalties?
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Should Clairton's Wade be Disciplined!

Post by youngbuck »

one year suspension sounds good.
I do not want the kids to be punished, but in his prior state championship he was not able to control his team, now he sets the example of it is ok to bad mouth the officials.

[font=Oxygen, Helvetica, sans-serif]The following message is read by PIAA Officials to Team Coaches and Captains prior to each event:[/font]
[font=Oxygen, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Oxygen, Helvetica, sans-serif]"PIAA requires all registered sports' officials to enforce the sportsmanship rules for coaches and contestants. Actions meant to demean opposing contestants, teams, spectators and officials are not in the highest ideals of interscholastic education and will not be tolerated. Let today's contest reflect mutual respect. Coaches please certify to the contest official(s) that your contestants are legally equipped and uniformed according to NFHS rules and PIAA adoptions. Good luck in today's contest."[/font][/font]
This could not be any more clear.  The PIAA specifically addresses this before the contest.  Now let's see if they have the balls to do something about it. 
ExRaided
Senior
Senior

Post by ExRaided »

It would be in Clairton's best interest to dump him and pick up a coach that knows how to actually coach.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Didn't he preface this past tirade on Friday by saying he'll take any punishment the PIAA can levy? 
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

go read the Facebook for Clairton Football.
Wow.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Clairton Bears Football shared KDKA-TV | CBS Pittsburgh's post.
Yesterday at 5:01pm ·
Rinky wasnt necessarily talking about the officiating in the championship game, but over the 2016 season and over the last...oh I dont know...decade in general. And you know what, he's right. If you've watched this team or followed this page, you know he is right. We have screamed from the roof tops, year in and year out, and nobody wants to listen. Instead, everyone calls us whiners. Im sorry, Rinky is right. Pointing out the truth isnt whining. The problem is, no one will do a thing about it.

KDKA-TV | CBS Pittsburgh
Yesterday at 4:46pm ·
"...I’m not in the NFL. I’m not in college. I can’t be fined. So I’m going to keep saying it every chance I get.”

Clairton head coach Wayne Wade went on an angry tirade after losing a state championship game.

Clairton Football Coach Blasts Officiating After Losing State Championship Game
The Clairton football team lost the state championship game this past…
HTTP://PITTSBURGH.CBSLOCAL.COM/2016/12/ ... RTON...|BY KDKA-TV | CBS PITTSBURGH
47 Likes18 Comments
Chronological
Bruce Robert Louis Cox, Bill Landy, Julie Cunningham and 44 others like this.
Comments
Sam Capane
Sam Capane Gettm rink
3 · Yesterday at 5:04pm
John Monito
John Monito I've been watching Clairton football since the mid 70's, the refs should just paint the flags orange and black. We have to score twice to get 6 points.
9 · Yesterday at 5:10pm
1 Reply
Peggy Wilson
Peggy Wilson He speaks the truth, & we're tired of it.
5 · Yesterday at 5:18pm
Rob Ruffing
Rob Ruffing Sadly although Rinky speaks the truth, but as long as it's Clairton after a loss it's whining but if it was after a win??? PIAA doesn't care or ever has cared about Clairton Bears so they are on their own.
2 · Yesterday at 6:26pm · Edited
Carl Fiore Sr
Carl Fiore Sr I'm with you coach
3 · Yesterday at 6:09pm
David Gatling Sr.
David Gatling Sr. I've watched a lot of high school football in the past three seasons and the referees are terrible!! so I'm with you Coach Wade...
2 · Yesterday at 6:15pm
Jim Tucker
Jim Tucker Is he crying over the officiating or is he crying because he as a coach can't win the big game. Your last coach didn't have that problem. He maximized his talent and didn't have the problem with penalties. We played you guys in 2010 and there were very few penalties.
Yesterday at 6:22pm · Edited
View 4 more replies
Clairton Bears Football
Clairton Bears Football Jim Tucker, for the record, coach Wade is 42-3 in 3 years as head coach. Two of those losses came against Bishop Guilfoyle. In the 2014 game, we lost by 1 point and a few missed plays and one terrible call. This year, we got beat. If u don't score, u w...See More
4 hrs
Ivan Blanste
Ivan Blanste Coach Wade is holding the Bears back a lot. I don't seem them winning again with him leading the way.
1 · Yesterday at 6:35pm
View previous replies
Clairton Bears Football
Clairton Bears Football For the record Ivan, coach Wade has won 3 WPIAL titles in 3 years. Maybe u hadn't heard. And absolutely the game in 2014 was there to be won by us. As far as ur comment about practicing the kicking game during blowouts and no game planning for teams li...See More
18 hrs
View more replies
Keith Rosser
Keith Rosser We generally are All Black team and when we play. Teams that are White or mostly white . The Refs who are White Always outright Cheat our kids.Racism and Prejudice. Always be what its about.The Real World .Real Talk.
1 · Yesterday at 9:07pm
3 Replies · 6 hrs
Shelly Drawn Brown
Shelly Drawn Brown I remember a playoff game against Springdale that was decided COMPLETELY by the refs...even the Springdale fans couldn't believe it. Keep speaking truth, Coach.
1 · 23 hrs
Jermaine Holden
Jermaine Holden Happens to Farrell also
19 hrs
Loraine Lee
Loraine Lee Time to take a stance and back our coach up!!!
1 · 18 hrs
Alex Fischer
Alex Fischer Isn't this the same guy who lost control of his team and got suspended?

If show he is showing how little he understands his own role. They CAN fine him... he was punished before.

Sigh...
17 hrs
Clairton Bears Football
Clairton Bears Football Alex Fischer, sit down and watch the film....then u will understand the point of all this, until then, u are not qualified to comment
15 hrs
Alex Fischer
Alex Fischer I did, and my point is valid and a matter of record.

Take off your rose colored glasses and you will see he has issues beyond the refs.
13 hrs
John Zeeker
John Zeeker Wow, sore losers and sore winners at the same time!
16 hrs
Clairton Bears Football
Clairton Bears Football John, u have no idea what happens year in and year out and u are not qualified enough to comment, UNTIL U SIT DOWN and watch the film of Clairton games, not just the few losses we have, but the wins also.
15 hrs · Edited
John Zeeker
John Zeeker I go to Bears games, talked to WPIAL officials about non-calls against the Bears ESPECIALLY at home, link below is a perfect example of a non-call it was told to me they have threats of violence against them perhaps they make up the calls on the road. bleeding hearts, fact is Clairton Bears lack discipline.

http://usatodayhss.com/.../video-clairt ... nning-back...

VIDEO: Clairton (Pa.) running back Lamont Wade hurdles…
USATODAYHSS.COM|BY USA TODAY HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
13 hrs
Doug Keklak
Doug Keklak The guys calling that game on TV couldn't believe that leaping penalty wasn't called.
10 hrs
John Zeeker
John Zeeker The moderator said we need to look at film Doug Keklak, officiating isn't fair, I've seen a few Bears games this year besides the Aliquippa game were calls weren't made against the Bears, they lack discipline plain and simple.
9 hrs · Edited
Theda Fuqua
Theda Fuqua Speak about it Rinky!!!!!!!We are behind you!!!!!BEAR FOR LIFE!!
15 hrs
Matthew Spohn
Matthew Spohn We call it "Farrell Taxed" in District 10
1 · 11 hrs
Frank Ardizzone
Frank Ardizzone If I remember BG lost to homer city for the district 6title in November 2012 that was 47 games ago
peytonsaturday
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by peytonsaturday »

What was said. Out of town for work past week and a half. 
Hoopfan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Hoopfan »

Just as the PIAA has code of conduct governing public criticism of officials by coaches, it also has policy regarding unsubstantiated public claims by coaches/officials like dadw/2sons has made against Coach Wheeler on multiple occasions.  Where is the condemnation of such behavior?
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Is Wade's behavior really any worse than the behavior of a prima donna coach or two at one of the lower profile, lilywhite schools around here?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

knowitall wrote:Is Wade's behavior really any worse than the behavior of a prima donna coach or two at one of the lower profile, lilywhite schools around here?
Have any of them asked to be fined before they started a rant?