PA Football Writers 2A, 4A, 6A All State teams

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PA Football Writers 2A, 4A, 6A All State teams

Post by youngbuck »

Funny, yesterday I mentioned to that a player from Local team appeared deserving and got all kinds of flak for it, hope all the Johnstown supporters are ready for the board members to complain.  
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

youngbuck wrote:Funny, yesterday I mentioned to that a player from Local team appeared deserving and got all kinds of flak for it, hope all the Johnstown supporters are ready for the board members to complain.  
You made a comparison with bad stats attached to it and called the selections questionable because of it. Then followed it up with some backhanded comments based off the team I support which played no part in it. This guy just said Jtown kids got no love which is a valid opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

HSfan wrote:Also, in 4A
DL Rilee Bechdal-Bald Eagle Area
Rilee was incorrectly inserted into the 4A, Should have been 3A still on the All-State team....There were several GJSD kids on the ballot, the Loe vote was very close. 
Last edited by billmurray on December 20th, 2016, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dougkeklak
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dougkeklak »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Probably both should have made it. Johnstown had a nice season and advanced pretty far, that usually gets you a player or two on the All State teams.   Loe had 1,621 All Purpose yards and Gibson had 1,498. Shamar Jones is really good too, could have made a case for him as a Defensive Lineman.
And when you look at the full team list, Jersey Shore's QB and one WR made it and that's a team they knocked out.  I'm only really surprised Loe isn't on there, from reputation alone.  Normally a guy like that, D1 recruit, who made the list last year, really has to have a huge, noticeable drop-off to not get acknowledged the next year.  Gibson, Jones and Barber would have been nice, but I am not surprised.  I'm sure the team will be represented on the PA Football News lists that will be forthcoming.
dougkeklak
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dougkeklak »

Upon further review, what is the deal with the imbalance of positions? 4 QBs, 5 RBs, 5 WRs, 5 OL, 1 TE, 2 ATH, 1 SPEC on "O". 5 DLs, 6 LBs, but only 4 DBs? And it adds up to 38 guys total??? This may add to any potential snub talk.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I'm surprised Loe didn't make it, mainly because a Division One commitment to a school like WVU attracts attention.  So for some writer or voter that has never seen Johnstown play, they'll at least see "Exree Loe - committed to West Virginia" and that'll get a quick vote.

That's certainly happened in the past.
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

Forget the WVU commit for a minute look at stats alone out of 5 WR listed he was 3rd in that group the two that were ahead of him almost had him doubled in receptions. If you look at all purpose yards he was second in that list. Stats alone should of put him there he was on list last year for less. Defensively how can you fault a person if teams throw away from his side Jersey Shore was only of the only teams that did and he had 4 pass breakups in that game . I wouldn't say 78 tackles is bad for someone who doesn't see a lot of action on his side. As Far as not getting the ball in the BG game that was out of his control.
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

Now lets look at Barber 2402 yds. 25TD's and 352 rushing yards I would say that's impressive at least to be on the list. Gibson 1358 rushing yards 16 TD's and almost 1500 all purpose. Three plays all over 1000 yds. I understand IMOTEP and Cathedral Prep played in the Finals but 14 players between them is a little overboard guess that's what happens when sports writers do the voting . Just my Thoughts.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

When WesternPAFootball.net does ours, as well as EasternPAFootball.com, we first ask the coaches for nominees. Then we take them, put them all on a list and send that out to our main reporters (who add kids we may have missed that they know of) as well as using opinions of local media and hs football gurus and the stats we've collected. There's a very good chance, for WPA, that one of our guys has seen each player at least once in the year. Then each of our guys sends the list back with their picks, we sort it out and come up with what we think is a fairly balanced All Star list full of players recommended by coaches. We then send it BACK out to our main guys for approval.  Side note, many of the coaches also recommend players from other teams. Our teams will be released late next week
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Haters doin the vote, did these people even watch any football?
Jackson Daughtery only plays in 8 games, hiz team finishes in the final four in the state.
he has 44 catches for 743 yards and 8 touchdowns.
his game average is 13th in the state
it's ok , we all know he is a beast and be back next year, GO RAMS.
shout out to my boys who did get there props, be sweepin the TD awards this weekend.