PA Football Writers 2A, 4A, 6A All State teams

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Kvothe0
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: PA Football Writers 2A, 4A, 6A All State teams

Post by Kvothe0 »

billmurray wrote:it was close based on a couple more people voted for someone else...that's it. We don't base our votes on silly stuff like de-committing from a school..not sure you guys know how the all state teams are created? I can assure you there wasn't a group of people who got together and said "oh, he left Pitt, lets not vote for him".  Simple fact is, he did not make the team.
The fact that it was a close vote to begun with proves how most of these so called football "experts" with websites and blogs really don't know as much as they claim to.  
There is zero logical explanation other than "we made a mistake" to explain why Loe was left off the team. He had better stats than many and he outplayed most.
I don't know how any logical person with a straight face could put Christian Lezzer on that team and not Exree Loe. I'm not saying Lezzer doesn't belong but my goodness give me a break.  Take a look at what Lezzer did against Johnstown these past 2 years and put that up against Exree Loe.  It's not even close.  Forget stats for a second,  what about the old fashioned eyeball test?  
These are "football people" making these decisions?   Lol. Please don't tell me how many more games these people watched because that just means they are dumber than I previously thought.  
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

First off BillMurray I never said people got together in a group and made judgements based on a college choice,but do you really think if some sports "writer" had that thought cross their mind they would actually admit or say it DOUBT IT all I said when the point was brought up it sounded logical.But since I don't know how the process works  why don't you enlighten everyone on how it's done ??
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

Kvothe0 wrote:
billmurray wrote:it was close based on a couple more people voted for someone else...that's it. We don't base our votes on silly stuff like de-committing from a school..not sure you guys know how the all state teams are created? I can assure you there wasn't a group of people who got together and said "oh, he left Pitt, lets not vote for him".  Simple fact is, he did not make the team.
The fact that it was a close vote to begun with proves how most of these so called football "experts" with websites and blogs really don't know as much as they claim to.  
There is zero logical explanation other than "we made a mistake" to explain why Loe was left off the team. He had better stats than many and he outplayed most.
I don't know how any logical person with a straight face could put Christian Lezzer on that team and not Exree Loe. I'm not saying Lezzer doesn't belong but my goodness give me a break.  Take a look at what Lezzer did against Johnstown these past 2 years and put that up against Exree Loe.  It's not even close.  Forget stats for a second,  what about the old fashioned eyeball test?  
These are "football people" making these decisions?   Lol. Please don't tell me how many more games these people watched because that just means they are dumber than I previously thought.  
yes, because people chose someone else over your player they don't know anything about football..lol!  Give me a break, Your statement about websites and blogs tells me right off you don't know anything and haven't read anything I've written here...nearly every sports writer in the state that covers HS football votes. That's your local newspaper. the vote being close proves nothing.  As for Lezzer over Loe...I've seen them both play live, for me, that's a toss of a coin...
Last edited by billmurray on December 22nd, 2016, 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

SPORTSGURU814 wrote:First off BillMurray I never said people got together in a group and made judgements based on a college choice,but do you really think if some sports "writer" had that thought cross their mind they would actually admit or say it DOUBT IT all I said when the point was brought up it sounded logical.But since I don't know how the process works  why don't you enlighten everyone on how it's done ??
No, I don't think so. lol...come on people, get real with this. There are THOUSANDS of players, some didn't get chosen. Get over it. Get out of your area and go see other players. Its a big state. And since some of you may not understand the process:
When the person who compiles the All State teams is ready, he sends a mass email through the AP to all the sports writers/editors (all the newspapers and a few others) in the state and asks for nominations. We all send in our nominations with name, year, position, stats and brief description of the player. Then, they are all compiled into ballot form and sent to us all. We make our picks, send the ballots back and he compiles the results. If you don’t see someone on the team that you think was excellent they probably didn’t get nominated OR didn’t receive enough votes. That is how the all state team is selected.  Again, silly stuff like a player not going to a college team doesn't affect us. We do take this seriously. It's a very difficult, time consuming task to choose from the thousands. 
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

My only beef with the process is this, the further your team makes it in the post season, the more recognition you get. You'd be surprised by the skill of the players out there that were just surrounded by bad players or bad coaching. I'm not sure they are given a fair shake in the process. Go to your DII and DIII programs in the fall and look at what they come up with in this state.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
Kvothe0
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Kvothe0 »

billmurray wrote:
Kvothe0 wrote:
yes, because people chose someone else over your player they don't know anything about football..lol!  Give me a break, Your statement about websites and blogs tells me right off you don't know anything and haven't read anything I've written here...nearly every sports writer in the state that covers HS football votes. That's your local newspaper. the vote being close proves nothing.  As for Lezzer over Loe...I've seen them both play live, for me, that's a toss of a coin...
Your reputation proceeds you sir. As for a coin flip between Loe and Lezzer, you literally just made my point.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

The all mighty Bill from westernpa site has spoken! All is final!!! In his defense though there are kids left off of this year every year that are deserving but there are a TON of students out there that play the game.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

This statement really shows that you are clueless.  I guess that all the colleges coaches have it wrong given the difference in what level of play they are being recruited at.  Better stats, Lezzer was handled two years in a row head to head.  Johnstown made it further.  Xree was all state last year in a four class system.  Come on Bill make me an argument for Lezzer.  On a web forum full of fans of the game , you are the one guy who does this as a professional and you state that these two are a coin toss apart.  Wow.  I am impressed with your knowledge of the game 
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

How many other D1 recruits that were heathy for the majority of the year were left off of the list?
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Can't wait for Bill's site to divide the state in half and then make it's half of the state all star team next week.  That will be true real deal.  How many coin flips will be involved with selecting that team because even in half the state you don't have a clue.