PA Football Writers 2A, 4A, 6A All State teams

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PA Football Writers 2A, 4A, 6A All State teams

Post by billmurray »

youngbuck wrote:Can't wait for Bill's site to divide the state in half and then make it's half of the state all star team next week.  That will be true real deal.  How many coin flips will be involved with selecting that team because even in half the state you don't have a clue.  
lol...love it when the insults start flying. Not once have I insulted anyone. Lmao, Bring it!
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

CoffinCorner wrote:This statement really shows that you are clueless.  I guess that all the colleges coaches have it wrong given the difference in what level of play they are being recruited at.  Better stats, Lezzer was handled two years in a row head to head.  Johnstown made it further.  Xree was all state last year in a four class system.  Come on Bill make me an argument for Lezzer.  On a web forum full of fans of the game , you are the one guy who does this as a professional and you state that these two are a coin toss apart.  Wow.  I am impressed with your knowledge of the game 
whats to argue? I've seen both play several times in person..I've seen Lezzer do battle with great athletes, I saw Loe do battle with great athletes. As for their H2H the last 2 years, very even. I watched an epic battle between Lezzer and Helsel last year...They both are very talented, similar in size and have respectable offer sheets. Their career stats are almost identical to the yard, catch, tackle. Because I said they're a coin toss, doesn't mean both didn't get my vote, they both did. Show me differently. 
As for my knowledge of the game, I learned from the best coach in PA history...and I've been involved in football in some capacity for the last 35 years...the last 16 with our sites. For your information, I am a fan of the game. That is why I cover around 30 games all over the state every year, talk to coaches from all corners of the state, attend camps, media days, go to coaches meetings, attend PIAA meetings, help kids get recruited and much more. I live, eat, breath and love HS football. 
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Dec 20
Matt Miller® ‏@mattmillerqb
@ExreeLoe7_ bruh don't stress it, its pretty much a popularity contest when it comes down to it...u the best DB i ever had to go against 

Interesting tweet from a player whose own teammate was chosen for Allstate team.
LVCoachFoust
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by LVCoachFoust »

Don't sweat it billmurray. You do a great job covering HS football. You can't please everyone.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

From the coach who got his guys on the all state team.  Even your boy, Collin is tweeting Xree got screwed.  But way to compliment Bill coach, God forbid you stick up for a deserving player from the LHAC.  
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Love the site, content and all the time u put into it Bill. Not to mention what u do with the Twitter page as well. Keep doing what your doing. And no that doesn't mean I wouldn't have picked Loe for the team. IMO he deserved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
LVCoachFoust
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by LVCoachFoust »

youngbuck, relax man. You have so much anger. I didn't say Loe didn't deserve it. He is definitely a special football player. I just simply stated that billmurray does a nice job covering HS football in our area. Who would you take off the list for Loe to be added? Lezzer? He's a special ball player as well.
billmurray
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by billmurray »

youngbuck wrote:From the coach who got his guys on the all state team.  Even your boy, Collin is tweeting Xree got screwed.  But way to compliment Bill coach, God forbid you stick up for a deserving player from the LHAC.  
Yeah, he got them there by making them great players worthy of the honor. Are you suggesting the LV staff bribed someone to get them selected??
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

When does the Johnstown paper put out their picks?
It ain't over until it's over.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

LVCoachFoust wrote:youngbuck, Who would you take off the list for Loe to be added?
Todd Sanford, WR for sure. Loe had 300 more yards receiving with 15 less catches.
Defensively you could probably make a case for any player as it is much more arbitrary than offense because of stats. A player can have less interceptions/tackles than another player simply because teams don't throw at them.