Tribune Democrat awards

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CoachNickerson
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Tribune Democrat awards

Post by CoachNickerson »

Well you can certainly tell that the people voting for these awards have absolutely no idea and certainly watch no tape of the games.  Some of the players picked at their positions, while being good players, might not even be the best player at that position on their own team.  Congratulations to those who made the team, shame on those who picked the team.  Joke, but what do you expect from the rag of a newspaper we have.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

CoachNickerson wrote:Well you can certainly tell that the people voting for these awards have absolutely no idea and certainly watch no tape of the games.  Some of the players picked at their positions, while being good players, might not even be the best player at that position on their own team.  Congratulations to those who made the team, shame on those who picked the team.  Joke, but what do you expect from the rag of a newspaper we have.
And here all along I thought I was their biggest critic.  I bow.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Local coaches provided input on the teams, so it may be fair to include them in your criticism of the all-area team and not blame the newspaper. 
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

How in da world is x-ray the offensive player over Tutino?  Look at stats please.   Oh, because the paper is printed in Jtown and they have to mKe themselves look good.  Cocoaches?  Keep on bein a hata.  Did not LV dominate all year, like a boss.  Wasn't Jtown beaten by a single A team. Roger you know we love you and let's start defensive coordinator of the year so my boy Fousty can get some love.   
Heard it here first, 2017 player of the year Jackson Daughtey and O player will be Tutino.    Word.
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

When did these come out? Today?
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

Mr enzo that single A team would of run up the score on LV.

Second beitel blew a winnable semifinal game by wasting time outs! The talent on that LV te deserved better than semi's. And LV also played in a weaker conference than the lhac. Why stats need to be looked at differently
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Conference what, check my Boyz in the three game spanking tour of the LHAC in the playoffs,. More like , LV would have dominatrix'd the LHAC this yeAr. Sorry but this team would have thrown all over BG 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Best teams locally this year from my humble opinion....

1. Bishop Guilfoyle
2. Ligonier
3. Johnstown
4. Central
5. McCort
6. Chestnut Ridge
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

For coach of the year purposes, I think Beitel and Penna are both deserving. Both coaches have received their fair share of criticism in the past for coaching teams bigger and better than the teams in their league, but never put it together in the postseason.

-- Johnstown has never won a state playoff game in the state championship era, and they advanced to the state quarterfinals and won 12 games, a 5 game improvement from last season.

-- Ligonier had never won a district title, let alone a state playoff game and they accomplished that this season and advanced to the state semifinals. This is only, I believe, the fourth time in school history they have had 10 or more wins.

Both schools accomplished a lot. Both coaches are deserving.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

This might be the most pointless topic I have seen on here.  

1st thing never put to much stock in awards that are given out, that's someone's opinion and when it comes to opinions everyone has one.

2nd if the TD is going to do something like this list the voters who made the decision.

3rd teenagers should focus on awards that are actually earned on the playing field like championships.  That at the end of the day should be the end all be all.