Tribune Democrat awards

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Re: Tribune Democrat awards

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

Not sure where anyone is hating I believe the consensus is every time you comment on here we don't need to hear how good the team and the kids are we know about it move on and speak about something else
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

Ok I can't keep quiet anymore...if LV is so good why did they lose to a freshmen and sophomore team?! How obviously the DC from SC is better.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

My answer southern Columbia has been there before
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
konjo78
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by konjo78 »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:Fousty, ignore the haters , you are best defensive coordinator in the state, LV rulz
Idk best in the state. how many points did they give up on the 3 plays southern columbia played?
Problem with LV is, yes their fans will talk non stop like they have a chip on their shoulder! But they do have a chip on their shoulder. how many tikes have LV been called frauds during D6 AA playoff times because they play in the heritage.
LHAC people on here get so smug about their conference that they put everyone elses down. so when a team they make fun of for 4 years proves them wrong you are going to boast just like the LHAC crowd does every year
Hush1
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Hush1 »

I think Tony Penna and Roger Beitel deserve these awards not just because of their success on the field, but because of the way they are running their programs off of it. I realize most of you keyboard experts only concern yourself with stats and talking points for the sake of winning anonymous online arguments, but the fact is that both Coach Penna and Coach Beitel are focused on turning boys into men, and when you run a program that way, it translates to the field.

Tip of the hat to both gentlemen, who care immensely for their respective programs, and it shows.

As for newspaper awards, some are accurate, some are garbage, and some are coaches spreading the wealth among their best players. The fact that there is a 5-page discussion about this here is the real joke.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

youngbuck wrote:
knowitall wrote:What's wrong with a coach advocating for his own players?
Name one other one who posts on here?
I know at least one who used to.  I don't know if he's still posting though.  Again, what's wrong with it?
WhiteWolf
Freshman
Freshman

Post by WhiteWolf »

First off congratulations to all those who made the all-area team! One thing I don't agree on is that these awards aren't put out after the tenth week of the season making there be some teams that go further in playoffs than others. The issue with this is there could be a player sitting at home that is way better than another player that is on a team making a run in the playoffs. My issue is that these are the players that aren't getting recognized or aren't getting as much recognition as the players that are going further in playoffs.