Cecere to Mccort

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Cecere to Mccort

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I've never seen him play either. My guess is that he remains at Forest Hills anyways. 
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

If he gets drafted I would see it happening in the later rounds.
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Is he playing for FH this year? Is it worth me driving over to see him play?
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
bigrig15
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by bigrig15 »

kmr wrote:Does it really matter what school you go to for baseball? Ronan from PC has a offer to MSU and he doesn't play for a top ranked baseball school.  I think it has more to do with what you do and where you go in the off-season.  Plus if you throw 90+ mph and stand 6-4 does really matter what school you go to.  If your that good they will find you.
Big difference between Ronan and Cecere is Ronan is  a lefty and no high school kid is throwing close to 90+ around here 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Yeah, he's a very good athlete and worth checking out. I really don't expect him to transfer anywhere.  

I know he's good at football, he was an unofficial visitor for a Pitt game this season. 

But I've heard baseball is his best sport. 
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Sounds like I will need to travel east for good baseball this year.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

I'm gonna agree with bigrig and say no one in the area is throwing 90+. If that was the case every recruiter in the nation would be chasing after him. I hear people all the time saying I threw 90 in hs and I just laugh. There's a big difference from 85 to 90
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Well, left handers don't need to throw as hard as righty's since quality lefties are harder to find.  They can get scholarships sitting low to mid 80's, Right handers need to be mid to upper 80's to get a look.  

I thought he was a good position player anyway. 
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

In that area being mostly small schools I would say upper 80s just for smaller schools to look. I'm just talking about righties.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:I'm gonna agree with bigrig and say no one in the area is throwing 90+. If that was the case every recruiter in the nation would be chasing after him. I hear people all the time saying I threw 90 in hs and I just laugh. There's a big difference from 85 to 90
Yeah, 90+ in high school will attract scouts, like vultures to a carcass. I played with Shawn Hillegas in high school (against him in summer Intermediate ball, the equivalent of today's Pony League). He threw 90+ in hs. BIG difference between 85mph, and 90mph at that age. I can still hear/see those pitches in my mind. Helped us win our 1st District championship in baseball. He went to Middle Georgia College, then to the Dodgers and 4 other MLB teams.
Yup,...90mph will catch your attention.