PC Head Football Coach

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: PC Head Football Coach

Post by lgb87cape »

WPIAL~Titan wrote:I'm not sure PC football ever recovered from the antics of Chuck "Riverboat" Lucidore (rest his soul.) Since he never did follow Jimbo Covert to land that major D1 assistant FB coaching job, he decided he could do one better by taking his act to Cresson. He seemed to move around a lot. What's the phra$e? Follow the money...or lack threrof.
Lucidore was a self-proclaimed member of HS football Mensa. However, Ground Chuck was in Cresson one day, and then disappeared under the cover of darkness shortly after coaching in the Lantzy game. It was parallel to the NFL Colts leaving Baltimore to head to Indy. The only thing missing was the Mayflower Moving van!!! Legend says that Coach never did get around to stopping in to buy that new car at a local dealership.
Not $ure why Riverboat left, what he may have taken, or where he went, but he passed away in the early 2000s. RIP Ground Chuck. Here's to one last Coach Burger at PJ's
Chuckles J. was a character. He once sat down in one sitting and drank a gallon of apple juice and ate 8 Hunt's snack packs puddings, chocolate . In the process of buying the fore mentioned it was a snow day and there was a foot of snow on his canary yellow Cadillac with only the drivers side part of the window cleaned. He didn't take the time to clean the passenger side window and burned the motor up on the wiper blade on the passenger side. In the end Chuckles couldn't pull out a first round playoff game 10-0 were the Panthers falling short to Somerset at Point Stadium at the 1/2 inch line as the Panthers had 4 chances to punch it in but to no avail.  In 2 years 15-5-1 not to bad Chuckles J. RIP...
WPIAL~Titan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by WPIAL~Titan »

Good old Riverboat Chuck. Had two winning seasons at PC with the best talent PC football has assembled before or since. Chuckles also managed to Bamboozle a whole town for a little over two years. I think anyone who met him has a story. He literally disappeared one night, never to return again. Not even sure he officially resigned, just left. I heard he didn't even pack, left his clothes, furniture, everything. A quick Internet search reveals that he died young (in 2001 at age 54), and that food and laziness weren't his only demons.
"Those who say it can't be done are being interrupted by those who are doing it."

Author unknown
Bedrock
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Bedrock »

What are you doing Titan?  Thought you only came here every few months to troll Penn State.  You posting something else has me confused.
upnorth
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by upnorth »

Penn1971 wrote:There is about a zero percent chance of John Franco taking that job. Perhaps Tyrone and PC are the same size, but the analogy stops there.

Penn Cambria has struggled since its inception with animus. Where else was a school board jailed overnight except at PC? Yes, that was Joe O'Kicki, but the anger in that district has had a deleterious effect on the football program. Not sure exactly why, but the job has been a political football.

That is why no football coach has lasted ten years.

The only coach who has been able to master PC has been Bruce Frycklund, who had about five district titles in boys basketball. He did a fabulous job, but the board pretty much left him alone. Football has been another story.

John knows the history. He also knows that they had graduation and he would have to start over again. At his age, that is probably not desirable. Perhaps he would be desperate that this could be the best that he could find. Still, he should ask Ernie Fetzer or Tony Tomaselli or Corky McCabe -- or Justin Wheeler -- about the unique challenges that can be found at PC in football.

I would be shocked if Franco would take a job like that. In fact, that whole scenario may be only in the mind of the reporter who wrote it, not in the minds of others.

I could be wrong, but ...

PC is a tough job.
Get ready to eat some humble pie.  The LHAC is about to get more interesting in football.
reugenev
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by reugenev »

Uh Oh....the pick is in.........the new Panther coach will be ......
Good choice PC now seal the deal!
I agree, this is good for PC and the LHAC
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

Rumor mill has it as Coach Franco will be hired as head football/substitute teacher???  Just relaying what I was told.  Rumor?? 
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

Yep . Created all kinds of positions for him except janitor. He'll take his four times what a normal PC coach would get paid and bolt like Lucidore in a year or two when he might be 1-19.  Created a Phantom transportation coordinator job for him (Lucidore)  . Once football season was over in at 7 home by 1. Things at PC have never been worse. ...
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

I promise you, IF you got kids that will buy in, and work.... You will win like you never have, plain simple and written on stone. If you got a bunch that's not weened yet, it'll be ugly quick.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Agree with alumghost buy in buy in buy in. If the kids parents and school board buy in Penn Cambria will be a power in d6 AAA.
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Going to guess this is another quick stop as John tries to fit a square peg into a round hole. I agree if the kids buy in to the military regiment and demand for perfection they will win a lot of football games. If parent complaints and school intervention come into play it won't last long. Great coach but it has to be done his way. Guessing from the Wheeler turn around at BG, there are some strongholds in the program that have to go. Good luck John, may you outlast your opponents but Fear the T
-BIRDS OF PREY-