CC school board says split out the private schools

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
pahntr
Freshman
Freshman

Re: CC school board says split out the private schools

Post by pahntr »

I have thrown this thought out on this message board before when this type of discussion has arisen. I have never had anyone who could refute this.......If the NCAA enacted new policy for the 2018 recruiting year that said Penn State and Temple could now only have student athletes on their rosters who were Pennsylvania residents and graduated from a Pennsylvania high school, but University of Pittsburgh could continue to recruit the entire world (as they do now). People would explode!!!! The media would come unglued! That set up which I just described is the exact set up that exists within the PIAA for athletics. Some programs/schools have boundaries placed upon them from which they can assemble their rosters. Others have no boundaries.......That's pretty clear cut, black and white. For the same reasons that the NCAA would never change to a ridiculous policy such as this, the PIAA chooses to continue using a policy such as this....MONEY! If you want it to change, don't complain to PIAA or school boards. Complain to your state representatives. They hold all of the keys. That's the only place you have a voice!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

pahntr wrote:I have thrown this thought out on this message board before when this type of discussion has arisen. I have never had anyone who could refute this.....
The problem with this thinking is that you assume illegitimate transfers between public to public don't happen. I have heard of plenty of situations where kids live in other school districts but use other family members for home addresses or rent mailboxes just to go to a different school. Southern Columbia is a public school but has a known history of having the best local players randomly move into their school district.
Sykotyk
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Sykotyk »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
pahntr wrote:I have thrown this thought out on this message board before when this type of discussion has arisen. I have never had anyone who could refute this.....
The problem with this thinking is that you assume illegitimate transfers between public to public don't happen. I have heard of plenty of situations where kids live in other school districts but use other family members for home addresses or rent mailboxes just to go to a different school. Southern Columbia is a public school but has a known history of having the best local players randomly move into their school district.
"Oh officer, don't arrest me. There's other people who do much worse."
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think CCDevil's greater point is that sometimes people are naive to think parents aren't sending their kids to public schools the same way the send them to private school for athletic advantages.

This board has a small town mindset, and understandably so, but you get to bigger metropolitan areas and generally you'll see more public to public transfers, or just transfers of any kind to get their kid more exposure, or a better opportunity.