ICC Predictions 2017

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ICCfanatic
Sophomore
Sophomore

ICC Predictions 2017

Post by ICCfanatic »

What is everyone's predictions for upcoming  ICC football season??
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: ICC Predictions 2017

Post by Aiks19 »

I think Bellwood is the favorite. They lost a lot but have talent back. O-line is their strength, which helps a backfield that has talent 3 or 4 deep but maybe not one stud.Havent seen Juniata Valley but I know they have a lot back from very good season.Mount Union may have best skill position but then again they always do. Those three teams should be at the top. Claysburg is my dark horse . I think they could win as many as 7 games.
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by ICCFan »

1. Bellwood
2. Juniata Valley
3. Mount Union
4. Claysburg
5. NBC
6. Southern Huntingdon
7. Mo Valley
8. Williamsburg
9. Everett
10. Glendale
11. Tussey Mt.
12. West Branch
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

ICCFan wrote:1. Bellwood  
2. Juniata Valley
3. Mount Union
4. Claysburg
5. NBC
6. Southern Huntingdon
7. Mo Valley
8. Williamsburg
9. Everett
10. Glendale
11. Tussey Mt.
12. West Branch
1. Bellwood
2. Juniata Valley
3. Mount Union
4. Claysburg
5. Southern Huntingdon
6. Tussey Mountain
7. Williamsburg
8. Mo Valley
9. NBC
10 west branch
11. Everett
12 Glendale
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

The only team I know a ton about is obviously Mount Union.

Mount Union's offense should be really good this year. The defense is a question mark. Only question marks on offense are going to be who will be taking the snaps this year and who is playing WR, as the WR's were hit hard in graduation.

Quinton Posey was the top receiver last year, and he's back again, but will he be taking snaps this season? Is Ethan Carbaugh, the Jr High QB last year, playing this year? If so, he's a fantastic athlete (started at SS for the varsity baseball team as a freshman this past spring) with great speed and he'll probably get opportunities to make some big plays. I went to the Jr High game against NBC last year and he ran for if not over 200 yards, darn near close to it in that game. If he's at QB a read option offense with him and Martin could be deadly.

Daunte Martin is obviously the centerpiece of the offense returning. 969 yards away from Tink Stennett's school rushing record. He'll be the focal point of almost every opponent faced this season. Backup RB Tavin McMickens returns as well.

The offensive line should be in very good shape as well. Chris Dodd, Levi Hockenberry, and Tucker Helfrick are all returning starters. Tylor Tustin started in place of Helfick after he went down with an injury last year. Zack Rhodes had a start as well on the offensive line last season. They have a few others who will add some depth on the line.

On the defensive side of the ball, McMickens and Martin are returning LBs. Posey returns in the secondary and if Carbaugh is playing he'll be back there as well probably. Dodd, Hockenberry are returning at DT and DE. I know Jake Ryan played some at DT last season as well and he's back.

Douglas Gearhart the kicker is a senior and should probably be returning as well.

----

As for the rest of the conference, Bellwood is always the favorite until somebody knocks them off. Juniata Valley will return a very nice team this year. Southern Huntingdon should be a solid team as well. I can agree with most of the predictions thus far. JV/MU will be a good one week 2.
bearcatfan12
Junior
Junior

Post by bearcatfan12 »

1. Daunte Martin is breaking the record this year
2. I didn't even know southern still had a team
3. Whoever runs into the bearcats this year is getting beat by 40+ we all know this. We might as well start the thread to see who will face huntingdon in states this year
bearcatfan12
Junior
Junior

Post by bearcatfan12 »

Will someone inform me of who Nic Devlin is as well? I've heard that he is really good but none of my sources has heard of the kid
bearcatfan12
Junior
Junior

Post by bearcatfan12 »

oh yeah, one more thing Ian "I run you over" Border is breaking some records this year as well "9 more tds for career rushing tds, 600 from Chad brindles career rushing, And 20 from all time tds" come get some
bearcatfan12
Junior
Junior

Post by bearcatfan12 »

Quinton "Q Bunny" Posey will be playing QB this year
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

bearcatfan12 wrote:1. Daunte Martin is breaking the record this year
2. I didn't even know southern still had a team
3. Whoever runs into the bearcats this year is getting beat by 40+ we all know this. We might as well start the thread to see who will face huntingdon in states this year
Must be disheartening for Tyrone, Central and for everyone in the state at AAA to know that Hintingdon has this thing wrapped up. They may as well start practicing winter sports. Unless Huntingdon has that wrapped up too.