Scrimmage Reports 8/19

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Scrimmage Reports 8/19

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Post anything worth talking about from today's scrimmages. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Scrimmage Reports 8/19

Post by Manfred »

A couple of things stood out at todays BMCHS vs FHPHS match.  The first, nobody had to pay to enter the hallowed gates of Point Stadium.  Second, Anthony Walters in street clothes.  Scuttlebutt says he had a hernia operation, but does this mean he misses 4-5 games, and risks re-injury when he already has a deal with Drexel for wrestling?

Score-wise, Rangers 2-1.  Could've been 3-1, but for a dropped pass in the EZ.  BMCHS scored on their first play from scrimmage, the QB made one heluva fake drawing 3-4 tacklers, and the ball went the other way the distance for the TD.  Rangers D bent but didn't break after that.  Both JV went scoreless, and both need a lot of work.  No major injuries noted, though one BMCHS kid was down for a few min., could've been a cramp?  I calls 'em like I sees 'em.
It ain't over until it's over.
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

BA @ Central tonight in the west coast primetime game haha
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

Mount Union/Penns Valley was evenly matched by score.
MU won the 10 plays on offense for two sets each by a score of 3-1. PV took the game conditions portion 19-13 on the back of two MU turnovers deep in their own zone. MU had all their scores on big plays. McMickens ran the first play from scrimmage 70 yards for a TD. Posey had two long runs at QB, one for a score and the other to set up a score. Carbaugh hit McMickens on a deep pass for another score. McMickens scored on a pick-6 as the other score for MU.
MU junior varsity scored a 1-0 win on their 10 plays on offense for two sets each game.
There are things to work on for both sides this week. Martin played only a handful of snaps for MU and got only 2 or 3 carries. Posey and Carbaugh split time at QB.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Johnstown did not look like a 9-1 team, looked good upfront but definitely missing skills guys from last year. Barber did not play. Score went CC 1-0
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Northern Bedford 28 Windber 12.  NB wore the Ramblers down in the second half after leading 14-12 at the break in a "game style" scrimmage.
SPORTSGURU814
Senior
Senior

Post by SPORTSGURU814 »

CCDevil2012 wrote:Johnstown did not look like a 9-1 team, looked good upfront but definitely missing skills guys from last year. Barber did not play. Score went CC 1-0
That's what happens when you loose 95% of offensive scoring and most of secondary most of the kids in those positions haven't got much playing time the last 3yrs I'm picking 6-4 7-3 for them 
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

Anyone have any details BA and Central?  I no Central still has a lot of talent and will win 10 11 games.  
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

I wasn't counting but Central over Bellwood somewhere between 6-1 and 9-1. Bellwood doesn't have much size and inexperienced QB play was noticeable tonight. Not sure they crossed midfield vs varsity defense. Both teams got in some good work with a brief lightening delay in between. Glad football is officially back!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
potatochip12
Freshman
Freshman

Post by potatochip12 »

How did Penn Cambria look with new head coach John Franco?