Mountain League Week 0

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Mountain League Week 0

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Week 0 
Hard to believe its football time already. Alot of travel this week in the Mountain League prior to kicking off the League schedule. I also included honorary member Chestnut Ridge since most of their schedule plays out against this conference.
Philipsburg-Osceola (Dist 6 AAA 0-0-0) @ West Branch (Dist 6 AA 0-0-0) The Mounties come into this edition of the coal bowl looking for a win against the rival Warriors. After getting lit up for 54 points last year Coach Mann needs this game. If not its going to be another 0-9. The new field proved well last year with St Joe's, maybe after another dismal year in the swamp, they switch to turf again in week 9. I think Kyle Myers will be to much for them, put a 1 in the loss column.

Jersey Shore (Dist 4 AAAA 0-0-0) @ Bellefonte (Dist 6 AAAA 0-0-0) This was a tight game last year with the Bulldogs holding on to a 33-28 win. Elijah Shemory returns at QB after passing for over 2500 yards last season to lead the way. The Red Raiders managed a 5-6 record under coach Manning, and seem to be headed in the right direction. Gallishaw and Fortney bring some experience back to the offense. It just isn't enough for a vacation on the Jersey Shore 

Everett (Dist 5 AA 0-0-0) @ Chestnut Ridge (Dist 5 AA 0-0-0) Expect a big year for Ridge, with the combination of Hauck, McCoy and Dull back to move the chains this is a dangerous team. They should fair well with the schedule and challenge the top tier of their Mt League oponents. Everett is challenged on offense and I just don't see them keeping pace with the aerial attack.  

Bald Eagle Area (Dist 6 AAA 0-0-0) @ Troy (Dist 4 AA 0-0-0) A matchup of 7 loss teams a year ago, it's unlikely the Eagles will improve much on that. Jones did get some reps last year but he is now the man in Wingate. BEA always seems to have the size, speed is the issue as they try to contain some of the top teams in the conference. Troy returns Clark Jackson at QB, who is a legit dual threat guy. That spells trouble.  

Central (Martinsburg) (Dist 6 AAA 0-0-0) @ Hollidaysburg (Dist 6 AAAAA 0-0-0) Last year Hollidaysburg finally ditched the WPIAL, and found out first hand how tough their new schedule can be. Central made a good run last season before losing to eventual state champ Beaver Falls. Graduation hit the team hard but if the preseason is an indication they are going to be just fine. On paper this is the game of the week, but I believe the Dragons still have to much.   

Tyrone (Dist 6 AAA 0-0-0) @ Bellwood-Antis (Dist 6 AA 0-0-0) Another edition of the Backyard Brawl. Tyrone is looking to bounce back after their first losing season since 1992. The good news is that they have all of their offensive weapons back. Alot of underclassmen found the field last year and it should pay off. Bellwood is out for revenge this year after falling short in the final minutes a year ago. I just don't think Hayes has the QB play to make that happen this year. 

DuBois (Dist 9 AAAA 0-0-0) @ Clearfield (Dist 9 AAAA 0-0-0) Coach Janocko's Bisons do a lot of winning so its hard to believe that they haven't won an opener since 2013. This might have to be his best coaching job to pull off another league championship after heavy graduation loses. They start off against another impressive QB in Matt Miller who also aired it out for over 2500+ yards last season. Thats not good for a young team, I'll take DuBois

Punxsutawney (Dist 9 AAA 0-0-0) @ Penns Valley (Dist 6 AA 0-0-0) Rams and Chucks, Tobias is still there. One sure thing, get in line, the food is amazing.

Game of the Week
Mount Union (Dist 6 AA 0-0-0) @ Huntingdon (Dist 6 AAA 0-0-0) To me this is the game of the week, featuring 2 of the top rushers in the area. Ian Border of Huntingdon(1618 yards) and Daunte Martin of Mt Union(1473 yards) a year ago. Huntingdon continues to dream of past glory, and what better way to prepare for their 3 big brothers than an opening night test. It would have help if they didn't lose a top recruit to UBG.
-BIRDS OF PREY-
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Mountain League Week 0

Post by DragonsDoExist »

So every mountain league team won tonight except Central and Tyrone. Imagine that hasn't happened often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Dragon 1st time for everything. After the 1st week biggest thing i took away from the Tyrone game is COACHING!!
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Tyrone coaches know the sport. Team building is an issue. At one point I saw 2 receivers running outs, completion to shallow guy. The deeper wr turned to sidelines with his hands out before play was over... never attempted to comeback and block or help, just wanted to cry.... biggest issue for "coaching" is at what point do you sit the more talented kid in favor of someone that may play with more heart or understand team concept?
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Joe Bivitz »

TAHS92Alum wrote:Week 0 
Hard to believe its football time already. Alot of travel this week in the Mountain League prior to kicking off the League schedule. I also included honorary member Chestnut Ridge since most of their schedule plays out against this conference.
Philipsburg-Osceola (Dist 6 AAA 0-0-0) @ West Branch (Dist 6 AA 0-0-0) The Mounties come into this edition of the coal bowl looking for a win against the rival Warriors. After getting lit up for 54 points last year Coach Mann needs this game. If not its going to be another 0-9. The new field proved well last year with St Joe's, maybe after another dismal year in the swamp, they switch to turf again in week 9. I think Kyle Myers will be to much for them, put a 1 in the loss column.

Jersey Shore (Dist 4 AAAA 0-0-0) @ Bellefonte (Dist 6 AAAA 0-0-0) This was a tight game last year with the Bulldogs holding on to a 33-28 win. Elijah Shemory returns at QB after passing for over 2500 yards last season to lead the way. The Red Raiders managed a 5-6 record under coach Manning, and seem to be headed in the right direction. Gallishaw and Fortney bring some experience back to the offense. It just isn't enough for a vacation on the Jersey Shore 

Everett (Dist 5 AA 0-0-0) @ Chestnut Ridge (Dist 5 AA 0-0-0) Expect a big year for Ridge, with the combination of Hauck, McCoy and Dull back to move the chains this is a dangerous team. They should fair well with the schedule and challenge the top tier of their Mt League oponents. Everett is challenged on offense and I just don't see them keeping pace with the aerial attack.  

Bald Eagle Area (Dist 6 AAA 0-0-0) @ Troy (Dist 4 AA 0-0-0) A matchup of 7 loss teams a year ago, it's unlikely the Eagles will improve much on that. Jones did get some reps last year but he is now the man in Wingate. BEA always seems to have the size, speed is the issue as they try to contain some of the top teams in the conference. Troy returns Clark Jackson at QB, who is a legit dual threat guy. That spells trouble.  

Central (Martinsburg) (Dist 6 AAA 0-0-0) @ Hollidaysburg (Dist 6 AAAAA 0-0-0) Last year Hollidaysburg finally ditched the WPIAL, and found out first hand how tough their new schedule can be. Central made a good run last season before losing to eventual state champ Beaver Falls. Graduation hit the team hard but if the preseason is an indication they are going to be just fine. On paper this is the game of the week, but I believe the Dragons still have to much.   

Tyrone (Dist 6 AAA 0-0-0) @ Bellwood-Antis (Dist 6 AA 0-0-0) Another edition of the Backyard Brawl. Tyrone is looking to bounce back after their first losing season since 1992. The good news is that they have all of their offensive weapons back. Alot of underclassmen found the field last year and it should pay off. Bellwood is out for revenge this year after falling short in the final minutes a year ago. I just don't think Hayes has the QB play to make that happen this year. 

DuBois (Dist 9 AAAA 0-0-0) @ Clearfield (Dist 9 AAAA 0-0-0) Coach Janocko's Bisons do a lot of winning so its hard to believe that they haven't won an opener since 2013. This might have to be his best coaching job to pull off another league championship after heavy graduation loses. They start off against another impressive QB in Matt Miller who also aired it out for over 2500+ yards last season. Thats not good for a young team, I'll take DuBois

Punxsutawney (Dist 9 AAA 0-0-0) @ Penns Valley (Dist 6 AA 0-0-0) Rams and Chucks, Tobias is still there. One sure thing, get in line, the food is amazing.

Game of the Week
Mount Union (Dist 6 AA 0-0-0) @ Huntingdon (Dist 6 AAA 0-0-0) To me this is the game of the week, featuring 2 of the top rushers in the area. Ian Border of Huntingdon(1618 yards) and Daunte Martin of Mt Union(1473 yards) a year ago. Huntingdon continues to dream of past glory, and what better way to prepare for their 3 big brothers than an opening night test. It would have help if they didn't lose a top recruit to UBG.
Open mouth....insert foot!  TAHS92, How did the BA QB play last night???
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Joe Bivitz »

EaglealumsGhost wrote:Tyrone coaches know the sport. Team building is an issue. At one point I saw 2 receivers running outs, completion to shallow guy. The deeper wr turned to sidelines with his hands out before play was over... never attempted to comeback and block or help, just wanted to cry.... biggest issue for "coaching" is at what point do you sit the more talented kid in favor of someone that may play with more heart or understand team concept?
Similar situation.....On Tyrone's 3rd quarter scoring drive, receiver catches a pass inside the 5 yard line. He gets up and is waving his arms trying to get the crowd to get louder. Teammate runs up to him and they both jump in the air and shoulder bump and said player goes to the ground. Player goes to the sideline with the trainer and never returns to the game. Had ice wrapped on his shoulder while watching the rest of the game from the bench.  Hope the kid is Ok, but hand the ball to the ref, get back in the huddle, and act like you expected to make that play. 
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

Joe Bivitz shouldn't be on here doesn't know football and says player shouldn't celebrate? He broke his collarbone diving for the pylon dude? Never happened when he bumped shoulder with player I know the kid smh
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

Tyrone coaching is fine players just need to perform
Last edited by SwaggyJ23 on August 28th, 2017, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

I was able to just finish watching the Tyrone game. Gives you a different perspective when you can watch it a second time as opposed to being there. Tyrone really couldn't do much all game. Couldn't get the run going and when they passed it was either good coverage or the qb was running for his life. Not sure what the coaches could do , besides go out themselves. Bellwood left a handful of opportunities out here. Probably should have one by two maybe three touchdowns. Tyrone might just be in trouble this year.
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

Tyrone was just dominated up front nothing on the coaching like i said before
Last edited by SwaggyJ23 on August 28th, 2017, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.