Bishop Carroll n Leechburg's wish can come true

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Bishop Carroll n Leechburg's wish can come true

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don't think many of those schools would be interested in taking Bishop Carroll.
SwaggyJ23
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by SwaggyJ23 »

I heard Tyrone picked them up on their schedule for next season. Anyone know if that’s true?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

HSD6FAN wrote:The top mountain league teams would be crazy to pick up BC. They would be playing an “A” team with a few wins at best. It would hurt their playoff points. ICC would be a better fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately a lot of times it just comes down to I need a game and u need a game. Not a lot of teams out there "looking" for games. Hence the reason Hollidaysburg and Ridge have played multiple out of state teams. Same thing happened last year when LV dropped Central because of the crossover with the WestPac. Central ended traveling 3 hours to Eastern York. Fortunately they will return the trip this year.

You play to win the game!!!
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Aiks19 wrote:Wouldn't west PAC be better for BC? A small school league and more in their area.
The WestPAC doesn’t need a team at this time.  Nor would it be all that accommodating to a private school I would bet.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

knowitall wrote:
Aiks19 wrote:Wouldn't west PAC be better for BC? A small school league and more in their area.
The WestPAC doesn’t need a team at this time.  Nor would it be all that accommodating to a private school I would bet.
I was thinking same with ICC. Both small school leagues plus ICC already has 12. Like I said earlier, BC in a bad spot. Not competitive to play bigger schools . Small rural schools probably don't have interest in playing a private school , much less letting them in their league.
odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by odoyelrules »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
odoyelrules wrote:Has any further movement occurred regarding BC and remaining in the LHAC for nonfootball sports?  iirc the PIAA, PA Catholic Conference and the local state rep got involved to keep BC in the conference.  My impression was that the remaining members did not want to go to the hassle and legal expense to remove BC from the conference at this time.
Bishop Carroll is going to be a member in all sports other than football. 
I'm very aware that is the short term plan.  My understanding was that the LHAC was not prepared or willing to deal with PIAA/Catholic Conference/state government and was stuck, at least short term in keeping BC for the remaining sports.  I was asking if anybody had heard any movement or plans for LHAC to boot BC from the remaining sports.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Bishop Carroll was booted from all sports originally, the league agreed to bring them back for all other sports.   The initial plan was to remove them from everything, they backtracked on that a couple months later. 
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

DragonsDoExist wrote:
Crimson's Ghost wrote:I just have no idea how Bishop Carroll is going to piece together a 10 game schedule. They are going to have a tough time.
My guess is a few of the teams that were consistently playing Ridge will replace them with Carroll.

Unfortunately the 6 Mountain League are going to have to fill their schdule. I'm not real sure where the other 4 games would come from though. 
[table][tr][td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td] [/td][/tr][/table]
-BIRDS OF PREY-
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by ICCFan »

Why would there even be any discussion of BC in the ICC? Geographically if they are going into a small school (A/AA) conference it would be the Heritage or WestPac. BC to the ICC would be like Tussey Mt. going to the WestPac or Bellwood to the Heritage, makes no sense. If C.Ridge can fill a schedule for the last 10 years, so can BC. They are in the exact same situation.
odoyelrules
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by odoyelrules »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Bishop Carroll was booted from all sports originally, the league agreed to bring them back for all other sports.   The initial plan was to remove them from everything, they backtracked on that a couple months later. 
Crimson I'm with you on all of that...my understanding is that LHAC essentially had to backtrack because they were surprised by the BC supporters - PIAA/Catholic/PA government - and in the short term they weren't prepared or willing to fight the BC supporters.  My question is has any movement been made by the LHAC to remove BC from the remaining sports for the long term?