Bishop McCort @ Johnstown

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Bishop McCort @ Johnstown

Post by SoftWalkinBigStick »

That's what I thought. Lets hope for clear skies and a great game between two great teams
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Are either of these teams missing anyone?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

McCort is missing one kid that would play, but he's missed so much time this season, they've adjusted.
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Who is that and may he come back this season?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Zach Goins, DE/TE. He's out for the year.
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

That's too bad. I hate to see a kid lose time due to injury.
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

I'm biased but I think McCort pulls this one out. Powerful offensive line and the 1-2-3 punch of walters, andrews and Miller will have a big night. I think if they can wear Johnstown down and stay out of 3rd and long situations you keep the ball out of the Trojans hands.

McCorts pass defense has not been a strength and obviously Johnstown wants to throw the ball. McCort has to get pressure on Barber and force the action, but contain the outside as well.
I think special teams as well as penalties and field position will be huge factors. Whichever team controls the clock, doesn't let their emotions get the best of them and wins the battle of field position wins this one.

McCort is more athletic than people give them credit for. Either way I think it will be a great game, but no one has stopped the Crushers this year but themselves and the officiating crew in Altoona. I look for them to churn out 300+plus on the ground.

I'd say both teams being 6-1, but Johnstown being AAAA and being at home probably makes them the favorite.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

And there is the Mccort we all love.   
Beat themselves and screwed by officiating in Altoona?  FH handled you in the Scrimmage, BG shut out BM and showed how one dimensional they are again this year, even CH showed how weak the pass defense is and trust me they are not a good throwing team.  LHAC has some weak teams this year.
Now Johnstown brings the best defensive lineman in the area and more speed than anyone else and BM is going to just mash it down their throats?   
Well I hope the officials don't get blamed 
Btw it does not matter how much rushing yardage you have, only the amount of points on the scoreboard.
Last edited by EnzoLigoniere on October 11th, 2017, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:And there is the Mccort we all love.   Beat themselves and screwed by officiating in Altoona?  FH handled you in the Scrimmage, BG shut out BM and showed how one dimensional they are again this year, even CH showed how weak the pass defense is and trust me they are not a good throwing team.  Which wins this year show how good this Mccort team is?  
Now Johnstown brings the best defensive lineman in the area and more speed than anyone else and BM is going to just mash it down their throats?   
Btw it does not matter how much rushing yardage you have, only the amount of points on the scoreboard.
Bark bark bark bark  :-@
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

12HankQB wrote:
EnzoLigoniere wrote:And there is the Mccort we all love.   Beat themselves and screwed by officiating in Altoona?  FH handled you in the Scrimmage, BG shut out BM and showed how one dimensional they are again this year, even CH showed how weak the pass defense is and trust me they are not a good throwing team.  Which wins this year show how good this Mccort team is?  
Bark bark bark bark  :-@
That's funny after you got punked on a different thread today and cried about it.