Bishop McCort @ Johnstown

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Re: Bishop McCort @ Johnstown

Post by Awdhaemel »

Crushersports wrote:
EnzoLigoniere wrote:And there is the Mccort we all love.   
Beat themselves and screwed by officiating in Altoona?  FH handled you in the Scrimmage, BG shut out BM and showed how one dimensional they are again this year, even CH showed how weak the pass defense is and trust me they are not a good throwing team.  LHAC has some weak teams this year.
Now Johnstown brings the best defensive lineman in the area and more speed than anyone else and BM is going to just mash it down their throats?   
Well I hope the officials don't get blamed 
Btw it does not matter how much rushing yardage you have, only the amount of points on the scoreboard.
The illegal man downfield call changed the momentum of the game against BG very early. Not sure how Forest Hills handled them, they couldn't stop McCorts run game and mccort couldn't stop the pass. McCort was minus 4 defensive starters including walters and Jones two of the best players in the conference if not the state in AA.
To say that rushing yardage doesn't matter just shows your lack of knowledge and football IQ. If you run for more yards theoretically you're controlling the ball and the clock and keeping the explosive offense of Johnstown off the field. Plus you're controlling time of possession. which is key against an offense like that.
Cambria Heights threw for less than 150 because mccort shut their run game down. A lot of their offense was against JVs at the end of the game minus their 3rd quarter drive.
You're SAWFT Enzo, so is your depth of football knowledge. Ligonier has a nice team and hopefully we'll see mccort vs liggy and gain this post season and see what happens. But to call CH weak when they'd beat andgainnyone in the Heritage minus liggy is just not smart.
Walters played the whole game against BG and so did Andrews and Jones 
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

12HankQB wrote:Well in most cases, private schools either dominate or shouldn't even have a team. The need a better parochial feeder system. But enough public/private
Your broad-brush comment that private schools either dominate or are just plain lousy may hold water on the state level, but I only follow the local Bishops.  McCort, Carroll, and BG have all had far more seasons of mediocrity than dominance or embarrassment.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Awdhaemel wrote:
Crushersports wrote:
EnzoLigoniere wrote:And there is the Mccort we all love.   
Beat themselves and screwed by officiating in Altoona?  FH handled you in the Scrimmage, BG shut out BM and showed how one dimensional they are again this year, even CH showed how weak the pass defense is and trust me they are not a good throwing team.  LHAC has some weak teams this year.
Now Johnstown brings the best defensive lineman in the area and more speed than anyone else and BM is going to just mash it down their throats?   
Well I hope the officials don't get blamed 
Btw it does not matter how much rushing yardage you have, only the amount of points on the scoreboard.
The illegal man downfield call changed the momentum of the game against BG very early. Not sure how Forest Hills handled them, they couldn't stop McCorts run game and mccort couldn't stop the pass. McCort was minus 4 defensive starters including walters and Jones two of the best players in the conference if not the state in AA.
To say that rushing yardage doesn't matter just shows your lack of knowledge and football IQ. If you run for more yards theoretically you're controlling the ball and the clock and keeping the explosive offense of Johnstown off the field. Plus you're controlling time of possession. which is key against an offense like that.
Cambria Heights threw for less than 150 because mccort shut their run game down. A lot of their offense was against JVs at the end of the game minus their 3rd quarter drive.
You're SAWFT Enzo, so is your depth of football knowledge. Ligonier has a nice team and hopefully we'll see mccort vs liggy and gain this post season and see what happens. But to call CH weak when they'd beat andgainnyone in the Heritage minus liggy is just not smart.
Walters played the whole game against BG and so did Andrews and Jones 
Best players in the state? You do know we are talking about football and not wrestling.
Walters is not even the best linebacker on the team so check what you are selling before it spoils.
And as far as meeting LV in the post season, we already humiliated BM last year, but look forward to putting on on you, but it would be good for you to see what some top players in the state actually look like. Tutino and Daughtery had a field day last year and this year will be no different
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Crimson himself was the one that got on here and blew u how good CH receiver was , well what has he done since then.  He stated that he was one of top receivers in the conference, never mentioned that it was against JV team , so which one of you is wrong?

[font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Brandon Bearer has been very good at quarterback this season, and him throwing to Nick Brawley is one of the best combinations in this league.   [/font]
[font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Straight from the Crimson Ghost[/font]
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Well I have no real reason to lie about or defend McCort in little petty things such as this,  so...here are Nick Brawley's 8 catches against McCort's starting defense. 

I know it gets misconstrued often, since my name is "Crimson's" Ghost, and I went to school there a few years back, but I'm not really a McCort football fan, it just happens to be where I went to high school. The screen name on here kinda stuck. I've helped a friend do stats for a few years, hence why I'm at a lot of their games. 
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by SoftWalkinBigStick »

OOOOOOHHHHHH GAMEDAY!!!!!
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Enzo hasn't been to an LHAC game all year but is trying to give insight into this game. Walters isn't one of the best? He's all the linebacker Parrish was, I've seen them both play.
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

CCDevil2012, not so fast my friend.  Walters is good, but he's no where near what Parrish was.  I've seen them both play multiple times.  Not even close.  Not taking anything away from Walters, Parrish was one of the best in a long, long time.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

You're also from Ligonier,  To say that Walters isn't one of the best in the state is a bit crazy. On a side note, did Parrish have any offers anywhere? Genuinely asking because he was good.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

CCDevil2012 wrote:Enzo hasn't been to an LHAC game all year but is trying to give insight into this game. Walters isn't one of the best? He's all the linebacker Parrish was, I've seen them both play.
Really, how the world would you have a clue who I go see play?
when you have a hudl account, do you have to see every team play live?
Walters is a good running stopping linebacker between the tackles.  He is not going to cover a back out of the back field or a slot receiver.   (i did see him play against BG at Mansion).   Outstanding Wrestler.  with out a doubt.  Parrish level linebacker?  Well when he wins defensive player of the year, I will say I was wrong.
Let's just play this game already.