Scores tonight....10/12

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Scores tonight....10/12

Post by El-Moldo »

Sorry. The score was 27-6 after the safety. Irregardless, who was FH trying to impress? This isn't college football. And the PIAA scoring system for points to make the playoffs speaks for itself. Winning by one or hundred makes no difference in getting those points.
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

So moldy which is it? You literally just had 2 different opinions. First you say let him play since pc had the ball for 30-33 plays then you say who was FH trying to impress it doesn't matter how many points you win by. That might be the fastest I've seen a person change their opinion.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Maybe you can understand this. Cecere hardly played ANY offense in the second half. And WHY? Because PC controlled the ball and the clock. So when FH DID get a chance to play offense in the second half, why not let him play? And in college football, teams winning BIG often impresses the pollsters (Remember Franklin freezing Georgia State's kicker to make the PSU winning score more impressive). Well that kind of thing doesn't matter in Pennsylvania high school football. Points for winning, and power points from teams you have beaten, determine your ranking in your class standings. So again, FH did not have to impress anyone by winning big. They just had to win. Understand?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

lgb87cape wrote:
Manfred wrote:
lgb87cape wrote: As Don Baileys true colors again were shining bright last night padding stats. Cecere plays the whole game and with the game in hand throws a 15 yard TD pass with 1:40 left. You're like a snow day in February no class. .
I have to agree.  25-0 at the half.  Play him maybe a series or 2 in 2nd half, let Kundrod take over.  Maybe see as much of #12 as he can, because he won't be playing FOOTBALL next year?  Heck, the NEW kid could've handed the ball off.  Everyone knows how to say GREEN, EIGHTEEN, etc.
Really Cecere is not playing football next year?
That is not definite, but put yourself in HIS shoes, or family's shoes.  Although he has not formally signed to play baseball( his #1 sport)  @ Wake Forest,  WHY would you jeopardize getting cheap shotted one too many times, and not be able to participate in what you were recruited to do?  I for one will be really surprised if he plays football next year, although I really truly hope he does.  He's a rare multi-sport  gifted athlete.
It ain't over until it's over.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Manfred, I question your knowledge of him playing next year, I know people who work with Ralph at Portage and he has never ever mentioned this.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

I didn't say playing Cecere was a WISE thing to do. I just wanted everyone to know that Bailey wasn't rubbing it in by playing him late in the game.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

CoffinCorner wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:Bald Eagle Area 25
Clearfield 22

Big win for the Eagles in the AAA playoff picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How so?  I thought they were a shoo in.   
With Bedford's win over Somerset they would have passed BEA this week had they not beaten Clearfield. Tyrone then could have possibly passed them next week with a win over Penns Valley. BEA's last 2 games are tough ones (Jersey Shore & Bellefonte). Win over Clearfield was worth 150 points.
You play to win the game!!!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:Manfred, I question your knowledge of him playing next year, I know people who work with Ralph at Portage and he has never ever mentioned this.
I guess that means -I- am not entitled to an opinion different from anyone else.  Sorry if I rained on your parade.  I stand with what I said, I won't be surprised if he DOESN'T play QB next year, but I HOPE HE DOES.  REPEAT, I HOPE HE DOES!
GoldenRamsFAN
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by GoldenRamsFAN »

I've been hearing a lot of talk that wake forest doesn't want him playing football next year.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:I've been hearing a lot of talk that wake forest doesn't want him playing football next year.
There's that, too.