D6 Playoff Standings (Week 8)

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Earl34
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: D6 Playoff Standings (Week 8)

Post by Earl34 »

I know D6 highly encourages all teams who qualify to participate. And, this not being an open tournament, a lot of schools waive the record requirements.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Yeah district website says all qualifying teams should plan to enter. But then it says schools will be contacted week 7 or 8 to confirm participation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Am I the only one that thinks there is a problem allowing 3 win teams to enter the playoffs?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Hypothetical: Should Central 'upset' H'don Fri., how would that change the 3A standings?
It ain't over until it's over.
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Top 3 would stay the same but gap between 1&2 would be down to 10-30 points
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

CoffinCorner wrote:Am I the only one that thinks there is a problem allowing 3 win teams to enter the playoffs?
No! To me 12 out of 19 A teams, 8 out of 12 AA teams and 6 out of 10 AAA teams seems a bit much. Not to mention, 3 teams consist of an entire district in AA. 2 teams make an entire district in 5A. I could go on.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

I don’t think they should take 12 teams in “A”. I know it’s exposure and everything, but the quality is bad. In the end it doesn’t really make a difference. The top teams will meet in the semi finals and then deserving teams will be in the finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

CoffinCorner wrote:Am I the only one that thinks there is a problem allowing 3 win teams to enter the playoffs?
Typically yes this would be a problem. But sometimes a 3 win team in one conference may be a 5 win team in another and vice versa. As long as the best X amount of teams are in, I'm ok with a 3 win team that could make some noise.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

I think 6 in AAA is fine. Just happens this year the 6th team may only have 3 wins. Last year all 6 teams were .500 or better and the 6 seed beat the 3 seed. In AA I think combining D5 with D6 like they do in AAA would make things more interesting. You would basically be replacing the bottom 2 teams with Chestnut Ridge & Berlin. Now that would make for some quality matchups. Not saying they should or shouldn't do that but it would definitely make things interesting.
You play to win the game!!!
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

I am shocked that Hank has not blown you up about including D5 in with D6. It is a lot nicer to be in the little pond.