Berlin vs. Ligonier

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Berlin vs. Ligonier

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Berlin is a single A school themselves, a co-op with Rockwood has them in AA. I don't know how much of Berlin's roster comes from Rockwood.
MrAnonymous
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by MrAnonymous »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:
HelmetCleats wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but I believe these teams scrimmaged prior to the season starting??
Looks like it was a Ligonier/Chestnut Ridge/Berlin tri-scrimmage. 
Ligonier and Chestnut were pretty evenly matched during that scrimmage. Neither scored on the other. Berlin was way overmatched by both teams although it was early. It’ll be interesting to see how much better they’ve gotten throughout the year. If it’s not a substantial improvement from that performance I would expect at least a 4 TD LV win. 
stangin80
Junior
Junior

Post by stangin80 »

Berlin will be well prepared as always, and Coach Paul will have to go deep into his playbook. Thinking Ligoniers team speed will likely be a deciding factor, especially on the defensive side of the ball.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Both teams need this to be a good game, gut checks for both sides. LV needs this the most. This is another special team. I'd like them to be tested before they hit the games that really matter.They'll also give Berlin the best example of what they can expect from CR or Westinghouse.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
dragonfootball2001
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by dragonfootball2001 »

This will be an interesting test for Berlin after playing a full "A" schedule, but it's really more of a reality check than anything.  The Mountaineers go down hard against Ligonier, just like they will against CR or Westinghouse.  
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

Looks like rain Saturday all day.  Who benefits more if field conditions are poor?  I believe Berlin would benefit more.  It'll slow Tutino and Daugherty from LV down some.  Let's hope the weather holds up.  Should be a great game to watch.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

So Chestnut Ridge has locked up the one seed but may be forced to play a semifinal game vs Berlin next week while Westinghouse, the 3 seed, advances straight to the championship game with a win over Allderdice in the City League playoffs this weekend. That how it played out last year as well? I just remember last year the issue was Everett was forced out because Westinghouse was still alive in City League playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

DragonsDoExist wrote:So Chestnut Ridge has locked up the one seed but may be forced to play a semifinal game vs Berlin next week while Westinghouse, the 3 seed, advances straight to the championship game with a win over Allderdice in the City League playoffs this weekend. That how it played out last year as well? I just remember last year the issue was Everett was forced out because Westinghouse was still alive in City League playoffs.

Last year we played Westinghouse then Ridge. Yes, if they win, the winner of Berlin/CR would play them, but I don't think it is considered a district championship at that point just a round of state playoffs. That's how I took it.
If they lose, they play Berlin next week. winner plays CR for D5/8 AA Championship
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Why D7 doesn't include D8 is beyond stupid. There's 7 teams ranging from AAAAAA-AA. 
D8
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

And Westinghouse did beat Allderdice once already this season. Meanwhile in 5A Hollidaysburg waits to see what Brashear "decides to do" after their game this weekend. If they decline a playoff invite the Tigers will have 2 weeks off.

You play to win the game!!!