Appalachian Bowl....

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Appalachian Bowl....

Post by 12HankQB »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:[font="Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The Rams defense limited a potent Berlin offense to 113 rushing yards on 35 carries and 25 passing yards.[/font]
Yes, they held Berlin in the mud. Enzo, I really want to cheer for LV as a public school moving forward but you make this so hard. Can you not be humble at all? FYI I hate rain and the announcer was too much
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

I agree Hank, the rain and the announcer are both annoying.  I think the rain probably kept the game  "close" longer than it would have been in ideal conditions though. 
LVBigfoot
Junior
Junior

Post by LVBigfoot »

The LV announcer does a great job. He takes pride in his job and is very enthusiastic. One of his strengths is that he very often gives credit to the opposing players when they make a nice play. I was going to refrain from posting on this game, until people starting going after the announcer. Berlin would be lucky to beat Marion Center and United this year if they played, and would definitely lose to Homer and probably Penns Manor, Purchase Line and Norther Cambria.
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

LVBigfoot wrote:The LV announcer does a great job. He takes pride in his job and is very enthusiastic. One of his strengths is that he very often gives credit to the opposing players when they make a nice play. I was going to refrain from posting on this game, until people starting going after the announcer. Berlin would be lucky to beat Marion Center and United this year if they played, and would definitely lose to Homer and probably Penns Manor, Purchase Line and Norther Cambria.
These are the types of posts that make people dislike LV.  Just in case you haven't been clued in
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

LVBigfoot wrote:The LV announcer does a great job. He takes pride in his job and is very enthusiastic. One of his strengths is that he very often gives credit to the opposing players when they make a nice play. I was going to refrain from posting on this game, until people starting going after the announcer. Berlin would be lucky to beat Marion Center and United this year if they played, and would definitely lose to Homer and probably Penns Manor, Purchase Line and Norther Cambria.
He does do a good job and is VERY enthusiastic, but it's more like radio than field announcing. Oh come on, are you serious? Considering most of those teams lost to or had close games with teams Berlin beat. What a joke. Have some humility. Honestly.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

And honestly I would've been fine with hearing all the commentary if it hadn't been so loud. The exciting plays being loud are good, but on the far side of the field I couldn't hear the person next to me
marley1
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by marley1 »

As someone who follows the Heritage, no Bigfoot, those teams would not have beaten Berlin, possibly with the exception of HC and NC. United and MC, give me a break. Wouldn't even be close.
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

12HankQB wrote:
EnzoLigoniere wrote:[font="Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The Rams defense limited a potent Berlin offense to 113 rushing yards on 35 carries and 25 passing yards.[/font]
Yes, they held Berlin in the mud. Enzo, I really want to cheer for LV as a public school moving forward but you make this so hard. Can you not be humble at all? FYI I hate rain and the announcer was too much
In this case, I have no problem not cheering for LV to move on.
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by sasquatch260 »

I guess LV should just forfeit to all the smaller schools since beating them appears to be a bad thing to a lot of the people here. I remember when football was about being the best you can no matter who you play. It still is in Ligonier. That's why I cheer for them. Haters gonna hate everyone who's more succesful than them. (I'm a Patriots fan too). Bring on the thumbs down haters.
stangin80
Junior
Junior

Post by stangin80 »

It's not the team their talking about, its the couple guys on here taking cheap shots after a 40-50 point win. I seen LV play live this year, they are dynamic and for real. Hoping they go win it all.
A little humbleness would go a long way...