New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: New PIAA Classification Ranges Posted

Post by Aiks19 »

I would agree, they should play up. For if nothing else, the challenge.
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

Dragons, clear something up for me.  Is classification determined by total enrollment or size of a graduating class?  There's a lot of discussion on here about BG's classification.  It's my understanding that BG graduates about 80.  If classification is determined by that number, then BG is squarely in the middle of A.  But if classification is based on total enrollment then BG should fall in the AAA range.
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

Aiks19 wrote:I would agree, they should play up. For if nothing else, the challenge.
I've been a BG fan for a lot longer than they've been running the tables and I agree too.  The playoffs would be far more exciting.  As long as they can drop back down if and when the lean years return. 
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

GoldenRamsFAN wrote:I’m sure they would have to turn students away. The school really isn’t all that big if they accepted everyone that wanted to go there they would have to build a new school.

I’m sure the hallways do look full if you walked down them.
In an effort the fill the building and keep the budget balanced BG has recently accepted foreign exchange students and opened a program for 7th and 8th graders.  Keeping the numbers up has been and is a huge concern.
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

Boys top three grades.  
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Steve92 wrote:
Aiks19 wrote:I would agree, they should play up. For if nothing else, the challenge.
I've been a BG fan for a lot longer than they've been running the tables and I agree too.  The playoffs would be far more exciting.  As long as they can drop back down if and when the lean years return. 
This wouldn't matter. Their conference play would remain the same. On lean years, they simply wouldn't make the playoffs so it would be a non issue.The only impact this has is other teams receiving more points for the wins in conference.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
jaxcar
Junior
Junior

Post by jaxcar »

when you say top three grades, I believe it is boys currently in 9th, 10th and 11th grade as the current seniors would not be included since they will not be at the school come next fall and the 9th, 10th and 11th graders would be the seniors, juniors and sophomores next fall.
jaxcar
Junior
Junior

Post by jaxcar »

If BG's numbers put them in Class A they have the option to play up to AA or even AAA, this is what Aliquippa does. When this 2 year cycle ends they would again have the option to play up or play in Class A or wherever they end up based on their number
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

12HankQB wrote:
Steve92 wrote:
This wouldn't matter. Their conference play would remain the same. On lean years, they simply wouldn't make the playoffs so it would be a non issue.The only impact this has is other teams receiving more points for the wins in conference.
Okay, but I expect there would be years when they finish say 6-4, and qualify for playoffs, but would have a better shot in the lower classification.
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

jaxcar wrote:If BG's numbers put them in Class A they have the option to play up to AA or even AAA, this is what Aliquippa does.  When this 2  year cycle ends they would again have the option to play up or play in Class A or wherever they end up based on their number
Very good.  And in the case of the Quips, they reevaluate for each new cycle?