Making Single A Fun Again

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Making Single A Fun Again

Post by DCor50 »

I didn't say move up, just play each other in the playoffs. It's that simple.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

youngbuck wrote:How come no one wanted Clariton to move up when they were winning 4 straight?
Once again you come in with this poor example. Those teams were loaded with talent including NFLer Tyler Boyd. I believe people still wanted them to move up just like the Quips. How come when the issue is private schools we try to shift the focus to a good public school?
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
lhacfan63
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by lhacfan63 »

12HankQB wrote:
youngbuck wrote:How come no one wanted Clariton to move up when they were winning 4 straight?
Once again you come in with this poor example. Those teams were loaded with talent including NFLer Tyler Boyd. I believe people still wanted them to move up just like the Quips. How come when the issue is private schools we try to shift the focus to a good public school?
How come when a private school does good you shift the focus to them recruiting and making it seem like wheeler is assembling a team of world beaters.  You guys completely discount the amount of work that the BG players put in.  I guarantee that those that play at BG outwork all of the other teams in the area i've seen kids be driven away after just watching a practice. You guys don't understand just how hard Wheeler and the staff work those kids.
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

Are they driven back to Altoona high to clean out their locker before school starts at BG?   
Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Post by Awdhaemel »

deepcreek wrote:Are they driven back to Altoona high to clean out their locker before school starts at BG?   
Bold print you must be serious, right? This topic has been beaten to death, private will support their own,  and public will always be disgruntled. End of story, move to more in depth analysis of games, that's when this site is good!
Last edited by Awdhaemel on November 20th, 2017, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deepcreek
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by deepcreek »

No, just on mobile my phone wont show the characters unless it is bold. But the point is the same. I'm sure Coach Wheeler does a good job, but put him at a public school and he will go through the ups and downs like everyone else.
fdc173
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fdc173 »

Can we explain who transferred in that made the difference in the three previous titles.
fdc173
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fdc173 »

The BG players work harder than claysburg, juniata valley, and homer guaranteed so maybe that is some indication of the final score
fdc173
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fdc173 »

Also, if BG would have moved up in 2015 or 2016 they probably would have still won the state. Then the Double A teams like s Huntington and Bellwood who would still get crushed would complain that they should play AAA and so on and so on
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by sasquatch260 »

fdc173 wrote:The BG players work harder than claysburg, juniata valley, and homer guaranteed so maybe that is some indication of the final score
fdc173, do you think winning is what proves that a team's players work harder? If not, what does?