Making Single A Fun Again

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Making Single A Fun Again

Post by CCDevil2012 »

If public schools were allowed 12 players on the field and private could only have 11, BG fans would cry that it's unfair but cannot admit they have an advantage now. What's ironic is that BG is so much better than the other 1A schools now that even if the publics were allowed to play with 12 they would probably still blow through the D6 bracket.
Last edited by CCDevil2012 on November 20th, 2017, 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fdc173
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fdc173 »

A simple solution is to enforce better rules on transfers.  If BG does not get a transfer the past 4 years, I believe they would still have a 59 game win streak.  That being said Paris ford would not have been able to transfer to steel valley last year either, or homer center getting a kid from United, or imil Britt transferring back and forth in Johnstown.  Restrict the transfers and let the kids play
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

fdc173 wrote:A simple solution is to enforce better rules on transfers.  If BG does not get a transfer the past 4 years, I believe they would still have a 59 game win streak.  That being said Paris ford would not have been able to transfer to steel valley last year either, or homer center getting a kid from United, or imil Britt transferring back and forth in Johnstown.  Restrict the transfers and let the kids play
No way they beat Clairton in 15-16 without their big linemen up front. And Britt didn't transfer back and forth, he got kicked out. 
fdc173
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fdc173 »

Last years game against clairton you don’t think they would have won without the one lineman???

The score was 17-0 but okay makes sense
fdc173
Freshman
Freshman

Post by fdc173 »

And if you meant the game in 2014, there was not a transfer on their team. Please say more though!
Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Post by Awdhaemel »

Success/winning breeds positive culture and work ethic.  I'm sure majority of kids work hard on all local teams and I'm sure BG has a few kids that don't work that hard.  That's high school sports, but if you're on a team that never wins,  it's a lot harder to show up for 6am lifting sessions and to attend non mandatory summer workouts, but when you're winning,  the younger  kids want to continue winning and constatntly try to out do their previous accomplishments, whether you are public or private. I'm a firm believer that yes athletic kids play a big part, but without a positive culture and outlook, there can never be success.  And yes BG has had a lot of talent lately, but the biggest accomplishment of their coaching staff has been their  ability to change the culture there so quickly.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

lhacfan63 wrote:
12HankQB wrote:
youngbuck wrote:How come no one wanted Clariton to move up when they were winning 4 straight?
Once again you come in with this poor example. Those teams were loaded with talent including NFLer Tyler Boyd. I believe people still wanted them to move up just like the Quips. How come when the issue is private schools we try to shift the focus to a good public school?
How come when a private school does good you shift the focus to them recruiting and making it seem like wheeler is assembling a team of world beaters.  You guys completely discount the amount of work that the BG players put in.  I guarantee that those that play at BG outwork all of the other teams in the area i've seen kids be driven away after just watching a practice. You guys don't understand just how hard Wheeler and the staff work those kids.
There's that word 'guarantee' again.  All it takes is 1 instance and it's not a 'guarantee' then is it.  And I can -ALL- but guarantee that somewhere, sometime, someone will find that one instance.
It ain't over until it's over.
stangin80
Junior
Junior

Post by stangin80 »

fdc173 wrote:And if you meant the game in 2014, there was not a transfer on their team.  Please say more though!
If Portage we’re allowed to get a “talented” transfer or two in 2014..there wouldn’t been no game against Clairton for BG
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

2016, my mistake. Thought you catholic folk wouldn't be so critical. No, I don't think they for sure beat Clairton last year without McGeary and Ramsey. 17 points is not a blowout. Forest Hills was up 25-8 (17 points) on Huntingdon who then made a legimate comeback.
Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Post by Awdhaemel »

stangin80 wrote:
fdc173 wrote:And if you meant the game in 2014, there was not a transfer on their team.  Please say more though!
If Portage we’re allowed to get a “talented” transfer or two in 2014..there wouldn’t been no game against Clairton for BG
And if my Aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle. I'll give you that Portage did have really good team that year,  but didn't BG win by 2 TDs, without any transfers on that team. Portage would of lost to South Williamsport by 35 that year.
Last edited by Awdhaemel on November 20th, 2017, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.