Homer Center v. BG

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Homer Center v. BG

Post by sasquatch260 »

I'm curious about something. Why was the Westmont / BG score so close? If Westmont came within 6 points of an upset, I'm wondering what made that happen, and if HC couldn't do better in the same circumstances. To me HC seems more versatile and just as physical. Not sure about the size comparison. 
Disclaimer for the BG/private school supporters and public school haters who will want to rip me for even considering an upset - I'm very aware that an HC upset over BG is highly unlikely. But Westmont almost pulled it off. Just wondering how.
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Homer Center v. BG

Post by lgb87cape »

Run the ball and get first downs eat the clock up..
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

Ply Harder is their motto.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

One thing I noticed about Westmont vs Bellwood is they never panicked. They were patient and kept to the game plan. My guess is they did the same with BG. 3 to 4 yards a pop keeps their offense on the field. If Homer Center can stay on schedule, maybe they stay on the field and at least gives BG a scare. But also that BG Westmont game was early, BG looks like they got this machine rolling now.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Here's another fun fact about this game. In all of BGs recent success. They are only 1-1 vs HC. This is the rubber match .
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by sasquatch260 »

True. And that makes sense about clock mgt and keeping offense on the field. Fortunately, grinding away and pounding the ball is what HC's offense is built for. Their backs are very physical and strong. The linemen size difference is what concerns me most. Page will have to be very shrewd with his play calling to be able to get first downs.
Coyoteduster440
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Coyoteduster440 »

The team that came close to beating BG was FH... Yes the Westmont game was close but mostly because BG was shooting themselfs in the foot most of the game. Cant look at a game from the begining of the year and compare them to whi they are now. FH came within 3 points and it was because of the passing game amd a solid Defense that kept BG from scoring alot,  I dont see am upset here... especially when BM almost took out the LV, and LV beat the crap out of HC, and BG handled BM no issue and scoreless in regualr season. More games to look at then just a bad second game of the year start with Westmont.
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by sasquatch260 »

Coyoteduster440 wrote:The team that came close to beating BG was FH... Yes the Westmont game was close but mostly because BG was shooting themselfs in the foot most of the game. Cant look at a game from the begining of the year and compare them to whi they are now. FH came within 3 points and it was because of the passing game amd a solid Defense that kept BG from scoring alot,  I dont see am upset here... especially when BM almost took out the LV, and LV beat the crap out of HC, and BG handled BM no issue and scoreless in regualr season. More games to look at then just a bad second game of the year start with Westmont.
I felt better about comparing HC to Westmont than to FH. I do understand there are lots of variables. 
jaxcar
Junior
Junior

Post by jaxcar »

Coyoteduster440 wrote:The team that came close to beating BG was FH... Yes the Westmont game was close but mostly because BG was shooting themselfs in the foot most of the game. Cant look at a game from the begining of the year and compare them to whi they are now. FH came within 3 points and it was because of the passing game amd a solid Defense that kept BG from scoring alot,  I dont see am upset here... especially when BM almost took out the LV, and LV beat the crap out of HC, and BG handled BM no issue and scoreless in regualr season. More games to look at then just a bad second game of the year start with Westmont.
LV didn't necessarily beat the crap out of HC...yes the final was 35-6 but HC had 3 fumbles inside their own 25 yd line in the first quarter that all led to LV scores.  So just as you stated BG shot themselves in the foot against Westmont, I would say HC may of done the same against LV.  I am not saying that the fumbles are what caused HC to lose to LV or that even HC would of beaten LV if not for those fumbles.  Just using your logic to make the same point.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

McCort played a decent game against BG as well, I think they were like 0-6 in the redzone and that was the difference. If Homer can play a game like that, and just finish a drive or two, they may be able to hang.

I think Homer Center and McCort are probably comparable teams.