ICC Preview

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: ICC Preview

Post by dadw/2sons »

It is not a misprint. Varsity is playing on Thursday and the JV is playing Saturday at 10 am. I think it is more because of Labor Day that anything else and also making sure they don't lose the JV game because of Labor Day. It will happen the same way next year, this time at NBC.
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by SoftWalkinBigStick »

Any more insight to these ICC teams? Hoping to read some insight from locals about each of their own teams. Aiks? Sandstorm? Hank?
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:Any more insight to these ICC teams? Hoping to read some insight from locals about each of their own teams.  Aiks? Sandstorm? Hank?
I can only go by what I saw last year with Bellwood. From what I'm hearing , my prediction might be wrong. Ive thought all along that Bellwood could potentially have a better team than last. Better and deeper at the skill positions. Football, however starts on the line.A lot of holes to fill up front. Young kids will be thrown in early. If they can answer the questions in a positive way. Things will look good . 
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:Any more insight to these ICC teams? Hoping to read some insight from locals about each of their own teams.  Aiks? Sandstorm? Hank?
Mount Union's stock is down this year. You can't expect to have to replace the greatest running back in school history and not have your stock go down. The offensive line, barring injuries, should be a strength with a handful of kids returning who were either starters, or had considerable playing time with injuries last year.
The stock only will go as high as the playmakers will allow it to. If kids can step in and contribute the team will find success as one of the larger/largest teams in the conference. Staying healthy has to be the top priority because depth is always a concern.
Season outlook: We'll finish somewhere in the upper-middle of the pack in what could be one of the most competitive years of conference play in a long while.
We're a few years away from fielding a team with some fantastic athletes who are just entering Jr High and coming through peewee right now. If they continue to progress, we'll have a stretch of great teams in the coming years.
---
As for the conference, Bellwood is the favorite until someone knocks them off. Other top contenders this year are Juniata Valley and Southern Huntingdon. Northern Bedford is always the best coached team in the league. Claysburg had a nice team last year, and I think they return a good bit. I don't know much about Moshannon Valley since we haven't played them recently, but a lot of people seem high on them. Everett was very young last year and they are the type of team that is either really good or not good. West Branch will go as far as Yingling will take them. Glendale should be improved. Tussey Mountain is a question mark. That scrimmage with Portage either means Portage is going to be very down this year, or Tussey is going to be way up. Williamsburg appears to be near the bottom of the heap this year.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

After watching Bellwood. They need A LOT of work up front. They have a lot of talent at the skill but if they can't block it won't matter .
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

What did we learn about ICC after 1 week. Besides Everett and Tussey may not be as bad as we all thought.....we learned absolutely nothing.
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Juniata Valley?
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Someone give insight into that game please.
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

I'll go out on a limb and say Tussey is 4-1 or 5-0 when they play Juniata Valley
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

meaning TM wins 4 of 5 or even all five of those games? Are they a lot better than people expected?