AAA D6 playoffs

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: AAA D6 playoffs

Post by El-Moldo »

It's NOT a question of effort. It's like a baseball team that doesn't have a good catcher. When kids sign up for football, you get what you get in the way of a roster. You can't MAKE a soccer kid come out for football. Not having a kicker on your team is like saying Westmont really doesn't have a good passing game. You get what you get and make do with it. FH has had kickers in the past. This year may not be one of them. Not having a kicker did not affect the outcome of either FH loss so far.
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

Huntingdon will not win 6 games. I’d be surprised to see them get to 5-5. They have little offense and no run game. I can’t see them hanging with many teams in the mountain league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Considering my origin, I hope your right. But they have the personnel.. if it’s not there...... well, it has the potential to show up, let’s say that
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

I guess your right since no one said I want to be a kicker, let's just not have one.  No one could be taught to place kick.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

El-Moldo wrote:It's NOT a question of effort. It's like a baseball team that doesn't have a good catcher. When kids sign up for football, you get what you get in the way of a roster. You can't MAKE a soccer kid come out for football. Not having a kicker on your team is like saying Westmont really doesn't have a good passing game. You get what you get and make do with it. FH has had kickers in the past. This year may not be one of them. Not having a kicker did not affect the outcome of either FH loss so far.
Give me names of a any of the solid FH kickers, or are you thinking of the exchange student who kicked during Brandon's senior year ?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

All the athletes in the school and on the team and not one can practice a 13 yard placekick to the point where they're at least decent at it?
Anyways, if Forest Hills is not good up front they will have a tough time against Penn Cambria, Westy, BG, and Bedford. They could win these games, but I wouldn't be shocked if they are 0-4 in these games either. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

They already beat Bedford, and w/o a kicker. How far back do you want to go for a FH kicker? Short memories.
It ain't over until it's over.
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Scott George, Chad Poborski, Matt Danel to name a few. When FH won over 100 games in the '90's, surely they had some kind of kicker on their team. And to CCDevil2012, ya, let's spend every practice using a kicker, a center and holder trying to kick that extra point. Would 10 kicks per practice be enough? Would that be enough practice in crunchtime? Or maybe we should just practice going for 2.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

The Donoughe boys all kicked successfully when needed. Denny Wess too, as one of the first. But this topic has gone off the rails hasn't it.
It ain't over until it's over.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Manfred wrote:They already beat Bedford, and w/o a kicker.  How far back do you want to go for a FH kicker?  Short memories.
My mistake, misread the schedule, their last 3 could be tough for sure though. BG may be the easiest