field conditions

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: field conditions

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Good thing Tyrone did their field last year with this weather it would be a mess. Also glad P-O built the new one I'd hate to see what the old one looks like right now.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Are any other locals schools in the mix to add artificial turf in the future?  Wasn't Forest Hills entertaining the idea?
It -may- happen, possibly by next season.
It ain't over until it's over.
Buck5
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Buck5 »

Just a thought It would be nice if Altoona would reach out to Huntington and let them play at Mansion Park this weekend. I wouldn't mind going and watching teams I normally don't get to see play. Then I could say my tax dollars are going to something good.
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by SoftWalkinBigStick »

Goldeneagles12 wrote:Good thing Tyrone did their field last year with this weather it would be a mess. Also glad P-O built the new one I'd hate to see what the old one looks like right now.
Why didn't they Turf when they had the chance?
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

From what I heard someone said the upkeep for it was to much. I'm not an expert so i dont know. Lol Honestly after seeing the new playing surface I like the decision that was made. The field is beautiful.
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Goldeneagles12 wrote:From what I heard someone said the upkeep for it was to much. I'm not an expert so i dont know. Lol Honestly after seeing the new playing surface I like the decision that was made. The field is beautiful.
That is stupid. (Obviously no offense to you and just messing lol)
Purely my opinion and I am not a guy to hate on anyone that has a differing opinion. There are so many advantages to turf that it surprises me that people still put down sod.  Especially in schools that have soccer and host band competitions (they did before, don't know if they still do).
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Seems like the eye of the storm is going to stay south and will miss PA.  Should be some rain on Friday but shouldn't be a monsoon.  Three D1 college games on Saturday have already been postponed and one was moved. They are supposed to get drilled with rain. 
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:
Goldeneagles12 wrote:From what I heard someone said the upkeep for it was to much. I'm not an expert so i dont know. Lol Honestly after seeing the new playing surface I like the decision that was made. The field is beautiful.
That is stupid. (Obviously no offense to you and just messing lol)
Purely my opinion and I am not a guy to hate on anyone that has a differing opinion. There are so many advantages to turf that it surprises me that people still put down sod.  Especially in schools that have soccer and host band competitions (they did before, don't know if they still do).
No offense taken. That's just what I heard through the grapevine. I did want turf so other sports and stuff could use the field. With that being said the field is nice.
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

I heard it looks great and obviously SO MUCH better than before. With the new field, are they allowing youth football back on it?
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

HAHA nope and not even letting them on the soccer field anymore.