Mountain League - Week 4

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Mountain League - Week 4

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Last Week 3-2 (Overall 13-4)

Tyrone (3-0) @ Philipsburg-Osceola (0-3)...With a win this week the Golden Eagles will have topped last years win total and will likely set up a match up of undefeateds next week as they head to Bald Eagle to take on Bellefonte. Tyrone will not get caught looking ahead by the Mounties. Tyrone 42 P-O 6

Bellefonte (3-0) @ Central Mountain (0-3)...Like Tyrone, the Red Raiders face a winless team leading up to their big match up next weekend. Through 3 games the Wildcats of Central Mountain are giving up 51 ppg while Bellefonte has given up 7 ppg. The Red Raider defense is led by senior DE Caleb Rockey, who based on MaxPreps stats, currently leads the state with 11 sacks. Bellefonte 41 Central Mountain 7

Bishop Carroll (1-2) @ Bald Eagle Area (3-0)...BEA heads into week 4 averaging 48 ppg during their 3-0 start. Last year the Eagles started 3-0 before losing 7 of their last 8 games. While I believe the Huskies will prove to give BEA more of a test defensively I think they still get to 4-0. The question will be what happens next as the Eagles next 6 games (@Central, Tyrone, @Hunt, Clearfield, @Jersey Shore, @Bellefonte) will surely be the determining factor of whether this team gets a playoff berth in a tough 3A field for the 2nd year in a row. Bald Eagle Area 33 Bishop Carroll 14

Penns Valley (1-2) @ Central (1-2)...I almost made this my game of the week selection as I think this could be the closest of the 5 games. Last week the Dragons looked to be going into the half 14-7 @ Clearfield but the Bison scored 14 points in the last 5 seconds of the half and it was all downhill from there. Central hasn't been able to get their offense on track the last 2 weeks and will look to do so against a PV team that is giving up 37 ppg. While the Rams defense has been allowing a lot of points their offense has been doing their part to keep up at the tune of 40 ppg thus far. While Clearfield QB Isaac Rumery gets all the press the Rams junior QB Aaron Tobias has put up 260 passing yards per game to go along with 10 TDs and only 2 INTs. The key for the Dragons will be stopping senior tailback Ryan Ripka who leads the team in rushing (271/4tds), receiving (16/219/4tds) and also has 2 kick return TDs. Central 27 Penns Valley 20

Game Of The Week
Clearfield (3-0) @ Huntingdon (1-2)...Much like the Dragons the Bearcats come into this one riding a 2 game losing streak and in need of a win to keep playoff hopes alive. Huntingdon has dropped two close ones at home each of the last weeks losing 10-0 to a very good Bellefonte team and 26-21 to 4A Susquehanna Township last week. I'm not 100% sure of the status of this game and field conditions considering just 1 day ago the home of the Bearcats was completely under water. Maybe the sloppy field conditions will help slow down the explosive Bison offense that is averaging 42 ppg thus far. QB Isaac Rumery is as advertised and Jake Lezzer is one of the best WR in the area as only a sophomore. The Bearcats need to find a way to improve on their 57 rushing yards per game. Clearfield 35 Huntingdon 14
You play to win the game!!!
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Mountain League - Week 4

Post by SoftWalkinBigStick »

Agree with all your winners. Tyrone. Bellefonte. BEA. Central. Clearfield.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Central couldn’t have asked for much more from backup QB Braden Kitt making his first varsity start.

11-20 339 yards 4 TDs 0 INTs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

DragonsDoExist wrote:Central couldn’t have asked for much more from backup QB Braden Kitt making his first varsity start.

Why'd he get the start? Injury? Also, is PV better than people expected?
ChrisKentRam
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by ChrisKentRam »

Great Previews!  I enjoyed your insight.  How did Central manage to give up 14 points in 5 seconds?
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:
DragonsDoExist wrote:Central couldn’t have asked for much more from backup QB Braden Kitt making his first varsity start.

Penns valley scored 35 on Clearfield and held lead into 4 th qtr ,,,,, yea they’re pretty good 
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

What makes them good? Strengths?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

ChrisKentRam wrote:Great Previews!  I enjoyed your insight.  How did Central manage to give up 14 points in 5 seconds?
Thanks. Bison scored with 5 seconds to go in the half to go up 21-7 and then recovered onside kick and connected on Hail Mary in back of endzone to go into the locker room up 28-7.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:

Yes, Muthler in concussion protocol.

As for the Rams of PV....Junior QB Aaron Tobias has good command of the offense and is a big kid who can move as well. None of the receivers are very big but all pretty quick and he does a good job getting them the ball in space. Tobias was 18-28 for 217 and 2 TDs but also had a few drops on a wet night including one by a wide open receiver that would have gone for about 75. Tobias also ran for 42 yards and avoided pressure most of the night. They stayed committed to the run game as they had a lead most of the night but were only able to muster 104 yards on 34 carries. Their passing game is definitely their bread & butter and they will have to score a big number on most nights to give themselves a chance. Congrats to them on their 1st ever win inside the Dragons Den!