A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Who is

Post by 12HankQB »

CoffinCorner wrote:Chadbourn vs Larod?  

For a LHAC fan?
I would've gone with Larod or Shaun Lewis over Chadbourn. I would've loved to have seen Larod or Lewis in a spread offense. Chadbourn was really good, but he had an amazing supporting cast to go with him also. I would put him in with Tanner Solarzyk, August Cook, Josh Seidel, Jake Heiple, Nick Dudukovich, Matt Holsberger, Sam Mccloskey..I'm trying to remember back to all the great running backs of late. We're hindered by him missing his senior year, which they still made and won the state title. I imagine he would've had a repeat of the year before acting as a triple threat passing/rushing/receiving. Similar to a Danny Ferens or Jackson Daugherty. Almost all of these listed were in a spread offense where Lewis and Larod played in a power football era.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
BigIke1914
Freshman
Freshman

Post by BigIke1914 »

"So this ultra talented athlete in multiple sports, state championship in the 100 went to Edinboro? Hawkins goes to Cincinnati and plays in the pros long term, but Benbow was as good or better? Whats the rest of the story? How was he not a D1 recruit ? "

Kind of unrelated but not uncommon I guess. A player from Ohio I do believe, around the same era made it to the military school, Hargrave I think, to maybe land a D1 schollie from issues with high school coursework. Same school as Fitz I think. anyway he came very close, or was set on signing with the 'Boro. Essentially Eddie George was headed there but some Ohio St. coach came in with a late offer I think due to a schollie opening up. I forget what grade differences but my earlier days of following High school football I always remember Johnstown teams that seem to slug it out with the best Keystone teams but would lose in playoffs. But they had Brian Mangiafico (Who got press for throwing a lot when teams did not and apparently he was a very mobile QB also) but may have never went beyond HS. Mario Hardison whom I remember helped IUP make it to the D2 NC games and Geroy Simon, I remember him more for Maryland and a big game(s) against Pitt. Not sure if successive years per se but a trio.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

BigIke1914 wrote:"So this ultra talented athlete in multiple sports, state championship in the 100 went to Edinboro?   Hawkins goes to Cincinnati and plays in the pros long term, but Benbow was as good or better?   Whats the rest of the story?   How was he not a D1 recruit ? "

Kind of unrelated but not uncommon I guess. A player from Ohio I do believe, around the same era made it to the military school, Hargrave I think, to maybe land a D1 schollie from issues with high school coursework. Same school as Fitz I think. anyway he came very close, or was set on signing with the 'Boro. Essentially Eddie George was headed there but some Ohio St. coach came in with a late offer I think due to a schollie opening up.  I forget what grade differences but my earlier days of following High school football I always remember Johnstown teams that seem to slug it out with the best Keystone teams but would lose in playoffs. But they had Brian Mangiafico (Who got press for throwing a lot when teams did not and apparently he was a very mobile QB also) but may have never went beyond HS.  Mario Hardison whom I remember helped IUP make it to the D2 NC games and Geroy Simon, I remember him more for Maryland and a big game(s) against Pitt. Not sure if successive years per se but a trio.
Well a lot of high school accolades do not always translate into an automatic D1 athlete. If you lack any portion of size or speed, you drop down. 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

12HankQB wrote:
CoffinCorner wrote:Chadbourn vs Larod?  

For a LHAC fan?
I would've gone with Larod or Shaun Lewis over Chadbourn. I would've loved to have seen Larod or Lewis in a spread offense. Chadbourn was really good, but he had an amazing supporting cast to go with him also. I would put him in with Tanner Solarzyk, August Cook, Josh Seidel, Jake Heiple, Nick Dudukovich, Matt Holsberger, Sam Mccloskey..I'm trying to remember back to all the great running backs of late. We're hindered by him missing his senior year, which they still made and won the state title. I imagine he would've had a repeat of the year before acting as a triple threat passing/rushing/receiving. Similar to a Danny Ferens or Jackson Daugherty. Almost all of these listed were in a spread offense where Lewis and Larod played in a power football era.
Shaun Lewis?  NO.  You must mean SCOTT Lewis.
It ain't over until it's over.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Maybe I'm off, but I'm pretty sure I mean Shawn Lewis that went to Kent State. I'm only going off of memory and the youtube clip I watched from the Larod match up
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Scott's older brother Shawn was really good too. He got clocked at a 4.3 at one point, he could fly.  He did go to Kent State, but he was a three-year starter in both basketball and football for McCort, I believe. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Bishop Carroll had some really good players in the mid to early 2000's. Paul Forcellini was a really, really good player in that era.
Skippy
Senior
Senior

Post by Skippy »

Two of the best I’ve ever witnessed around here were Jesse Jones from Tyrone and Brian Endler from FH.

Both could absolutely single handedly change a game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Bishop Carroll had some really good players in the mid to early 2000's. Paul Forcellini was a really, really good player in that era.
Yes, I was about to type him in last night...then the kids needed dad.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Skippy wrote:Two of the best I’ve ever witnessed around here were Jesse Jones from Tyrone and Brian Endler from FH.

Both could absolutely single handedly change a game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thing with Jesse was his vision. I swear he knew how the defense was gonna be lined up when he hit the hole. I remember in 99 he was going up the home sideline against P-O. There were 3 guys closing in he stopped cut left and they all ran each other over.