Mountain League - Week 5

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Mountain League - Week 5

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Last Week 4-1 (Overall 17-5)

Central Mountain (0-4) @ Clearfield (4-0)...Last week the Bison doubled up Huntingdon by a score of 42-21. Clearfield's passing attack gets a lot of the attention but what has made them good this year is the balance between run and pass where they've actually rushed for 16 more yards than what they've thrown for. Central Mountain took one on the chin last week to one 4A Mountain League school and I don't see them fairing much better in round 2. Clearfield 42 Central Mountain 7

Philipsburg-Osceola (0-4) @ Bishop Carroll (1-3)...The Mounties seem to be improved from last year and even held a 14-6 2nd quarter lead over undefeated Tyrone last week before falling 32-14. Meanwhile the Huskies of BC lost to undefeated Bald Eagle Area 35-6. While they are not official members of the Mountain League this season I think the Mounties and QB Jake Zazvrskey get their 1st win vs a Mountain League opponent. Bishop Carroll 27 Philipsburg-Osceola 20

Huntingdon (1-3) @ Penns Valley (2-2)...I really liked what I saw last week from junior QB Aaron Tobias and the Rams offense. Tobias has now gone over the 1,000 yard passing mark to go along with 12 TDs and only 2 INTs. Meanwhile defending league co-champ Huntingdon is off to a disappointing 1-3 start after a 21 point loss to Clearfield last week. Think this should be an evenly matched game but the defense of PV concerns me and I also think the Bearcats are the better team up front. Huntingdon 34 Penns Valley 31

Bald Eagle Area (4-0) @ Central (1-3)...Like Huntingdon, the defending league co-champ Dragons are also off to a disappointing 1-3 start. One positive for Central was the performance of junior backup QB Braden Kitt going for 339 yards, 4 TDs and no picks in his first varsity start. The health of QB Noah Muthler will weigh heavily in determining who is under center Friday night. Meanwhile the Eagles continue to chalk up wins but the schedule only gets tougher from here on out. Junior QB Jaden Jones has been impressive thus far throwing for 1172 yards, 13 TDs and only 2 INTs while completing an amazing 72% of his passes. As much as it pains me to say it, I think the Eagle offense is just too much for the young Dragon team. Bald Eagle Area 33 Central 26

Game of the Week
Tyrone (4-0) vs Bellefonte (4-0) @ Bald Eagle Area...Just your average neutral site regular season conference clash between undefeateds. The Mountain League heads into the 5th week of action with 4 teams yet to receive a notch in the loss column. That number will be reduced by 1 after this one. Senior QB Denver Light and RB Zac Albright lead a consistent Tyrone offense that is putting up 31 ppg to go along with a stingy defense that has allowed 10 ppg thus far. Meanwhile the Red Raiders have been putting up 32 ppg and holding the opposition to 7 ppg. Bellefonte is led by junior tailback CJ Funk and his 516 yards and 9 TDs. While I think Tyrone is headed in the right direction I still think Bellefonte along with Clearfield are the class of the league this year. I believe Caleb Rockey (11 sacks) and the Red Raider defense will be too much for the Golden Eagles which should be a really good game on the nice turf field in Wingate. Bellefonte 21 Tyrone 13
You play to win the game!!!
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: Mountain League - Week 5

Post by SoftWalkinBigStick »

Gimme Clearfield, Carroll, Huntingdon, BEA, & Tyrone
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:Gimme Clearfield, Carroll, Huntingdon, BEA, & Tyrone
I'll take the same except Penns Valley over Huntingdon
-BIRDS OF PREY-
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

TAHS92Alum wrote:
That was the one I was most back and forth between
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

TAHS92Alum wrote:
Yeah I could write this post again today and may take PV. Was back n forth on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Bald Eagle Area 54
Central 28

Bellefonte 31
Tyrone 14

Clearfield 49
Central Mountain 7

Bishop Carroll 31
Philipsburg-Osceola 13

Penns Valley 35
Huntingdon 18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

I hear the BEA game and the Bellefonte games were closer than score indicated. Can anyone confirm or deny?
BoStillKnows
Senior
Senior

Post by BoStillKnows »

SoftWalkinBigStick wrote:I hear the BEA game and the Bellefonte games were closer than score indicated. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Central was winning 21-20 at half time and Tyrone/Bellefonte were tied 14-14 at the end of the 3rd quater
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

So what happened after those points?
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

stupid penalties and abandonment of a run game for Tyrone