ICC Week 6

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
ICCFan
Sophomore
Sophomore

ICC Week 6

Post by ICCFan »

After calling last week's upset of JV over S.Huntingdon but in all fairness also missing the Everett win over NBC here are my Week 6 picks:
Northern Bedford at Bellwood - I will retract my statement last week annointing NBC better than there record indicates....Loss at Everett seems to point to a team descending and going to Bellwood is not a remedy.  Bellwood playing the good solid (but not flashy) football we've all come to expect from them year after year.  Bellwood 32 Northern Bedford 13
Everett at West Branch - The battle of the Warriors.  Would not have expected the Everett version to be 3-2 at this point nor the West Branch version to be 4-1.  Also matches two of the best and most exciting offensive players in the league in Derek Yingling of WB and Macen Akers of Everett.   This could be a very exciting matchup but advantage to the homestanding Warriors.  West Branch 38 Everett 30
Claysburg at Mount Union - This game could be a little dangerous for the 4-1 Bulldogs.  If Mount Union gets any success early, this game could be tight.  I'll stick with CK in this one but something somewhere in my gut tells me this has upset potential.  Claysburg 22 Mount Union 20
Mo Valley at Williamsburg - The two bottom teams in the league.  A chance here for the Black Knights to get a win and maybe a little momentum going into the second half of the season where they could play spoiler somewhere along the way.  Mo Valley 34 Williamsburg 6
Southern Huntingdon at Glendale -  I look for a re-focused SH team after last weeks loss at J.Valley.  Glendale has been competitive and not been blown out yet but these Rockets may explode on them.  So. Huntingdon 44 Glendale 7
GAME OF THE WEEK 
Tussey Mountain at Juniata Valley - Undefeated (who would have thought?!?) Tussey travels across the Huntingdon county line to Juniata Valley off of their nice win over Southern Huntingdon.  Will the Hornets letdown after the big win last Friday?  Can the Titan dream season continue?    Very tough call but my gut says "No and No." Tussey has been more consistent all year but we all know the talented athletes the Hornets possess. Juniata Valley 21 Tussey Mountain 20  
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Re: ICC Week 6

Post by HSD6FAN »

ICCFan wrote:After calling last week's upset of JV over S.Huntingdon but in all fairness also missing the Everett win over NBC here are my Week 6 picks:
Northern Bedford at Bellwood - I will retract my statement last week annointing NBC better than there record indicates....Loss at Everett seems to point to a team descending and going to Bellwood is not a remedy.  Bellwood playing the good solid (but not flashy) football we've all come to expect from them year after year.  Bellwood 32 Northern Bedford 13
Everett at West Branch - The battle of the Warriors.  Would not have expected the Everett version to be 3-2 at this point nor the West Branch version to be 4-1.  Also matches two of the best and most exciting offensive players in the league in Derek Yingling of WB and Macen Akers of Everett.   This could be a very exciting matchup but advantage to the homestanding Warriors.  West Branch 38 Everett 30
Claysburg at Mount Union - This game could be a little dangerous for the 4-1 Bulldogs.  If Mount Union gets any success early, this game could be tight.  I'll stick with CK in this one but something somewhere in my gut tells me this has upset potential.  Claysburg 22 Mount Union 20
Mo Valley at Williamsburg - The two bottom teams in the league.  A chance here for the Black Knights to get a win and maybe a little momentum going into the second half of the season where they could play spoiler somewhere along the way.  Mo Valley 34 Williamsburg 6
Southern Huntingdon at Glendale -  I look for a re-focused SH team after last weeks loss at J.Valley.  Glendale has been competitive and not been blown out yet but these Rockets may explode on them.  So. Huntingdon 44 Glendale 7
GAME OF THE WEEK 
Tussey Mountain at Juniata Valley - Undefeated (who would have thought?!?) Tussey travels across the Huntingdon county line to Juniata Valley off of their nice win over Southern Huntingdon.  Will the Hornets letdown after the big win last Friday?  Can the Titan dream season continue?    Very tough call but my gut says "No and No." Tussey has been more consistent all year but we all know the talented athletes the Hornets possess. Juniata Valley 21 Tussey Mountain 20  
I think...

Bellwood in a blowout. 42-13
Everett wins a close one. 28-21.
Claysburg close, but comfortable. 28-18.
Mo. Valley big. 47-12.
So. Huntingdon big. 31-7.
Tussey Mt. in a close one. 31-27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SoftWalkinBigStick
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by SoftWalkinBigStick »

HSD6FAN wrote:
ICCFan wrote:After calling last week's upset of JV over S.Huntingdon but in all fairness also missing the Everett win over NBC here are my Week 6 picks:
GAME OF THE WEEK 
I think...

Bellwood in a blowout. 42-13
Everett wins a close one.  28-21.
Claysburg close, but comfortable.  28-18.
Mo. Valley big. 47-12.
So. Huntingdon big.  31-7.
Tussey Mt. in a close one. 31-27.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gimme BA, WB, CK, MV, SH, and Tussey.
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

GAME OF THE WEEK 
Ill go: Bellwood big, Everett in a close one, Claysburg and Southern in blowouts and Juniata Valley by 2TD's. The hornets have righted the ship. I believe they will win out and finish the regular season 8-2.