big drop-off

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: big drop-off

Post by DragonsDoExist »

DragonsDoExist wrote:Those 3 teams also don’t benefit from playing smaller schools every Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually maybe Johnstown does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

12HankQB wrote:Yes, Enzo, I've been very vocal about this in the past and you're clearly not an idiot because you do post stuff from time to time that is useful and relevant. LV is a school I want to cheer for, especially with the talent the last 3 years. It's a public school in a nice historical down. Everything appealing to me. I try to keep the opinion that most all of LV is very humble and understands the ride they're on. Don't let your voice cast shadows on the community that you obviously love so much. As an area football enthusiast, I want our local teams to do well. That goes for any sport. Last season, I don't know if I would've been happier had Berlin beat Ridge than Ridge having the chance to move on with that great team....still can't believe Clarion beat them. Anyhow, just relax there Pedro.
Well said Hank. 
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by sasquatch260 »

BlueYonder wrote:
12HankQB wrote:Yes, Enzo, I've been very vocal about this in the past and you're clearly not an idiot because you do post stuff from time to time that is useful and relevant. LV is a school I want to cheer for, especially with the talent the last 3 years. It's a public school in a nice historical down. Everything appealing to me. I try to keep the opinion that most all of LV is very humble and understands the ride they're on. Don't let your voice cast shadows on the community that you obviously love so much. As an area football enthusiast, I want our local teams to do well. That goes for any sport. Last season, I don't know if I would've been happier had Berlin beat Ridge than Ridge having the chance to move on with that great team....still can't believe Clarion beat them. Anyhow, just relax there Pedro.
Well said Hank. 
I agree - well said Hank. Appreciate you not judging all of LV by the folly of one individual. 
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

if you guys would only cut me a break when I take the kids to Idlewild, we'd be good.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

12HankQB wrote:I've always thought you can tell more from a coach when he has less talent around than when a team is loaded.
I am no fan of LV or of Enzo, but I agree with his point that there are coaches who run up players numbers at the expense of future success.   I think central camera is another very good example that they continue to throw the ball late in the game with their players last year,  when valuable experience could have been had by this year's Squad
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Post by GoDragons »

I see LV is the largest AA school in the state of PA and 2 males under the AAA cut off of 199.  Is that pure luck?
MrAnonymous
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by MrAnonymous »

GoDragons wrote:I see LV is the largest AA school in the state of PA and 2 males under the AAA cut off of 199.  Is that pure luck?
Where does that fit into any of the previous posts in this thread?  I’m not trying to be harsh at all I just don’t understand your point or who you are replying to. It just seems kind of random. Also, are you insinuating that they somehow purposely kept their numbers down to stay in AA? I think they would have been luckier to be in AAA this year. Again, I’m not trying to be a jerk here, just trying to understand. 
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Your ups and downs are amplified when you are in a more competitive conference. Richland was 4-6 last year with a lot of the same kids. Obviously LV has built a tremendous program, but they also have a huge numbers advantage over most of their conference, which will hide some of the flaws. You could argue that Johnstown has the same advantage, but Johnstown coaches deal with situations that none of us could ever imagine
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Yeah, sometimes you'll have a big drop-off from time to time in high school football.  I think the 2007 Ligonier team went 9-1 with a first round playoff loss and then followed that up with a 3-6 season.  I think Ligonier leaned on some senior running backs that year and didn't really have a plan going into the next season.   It can happen to anyone. 
Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Yeah, sometimes you'll have a big drop-off from time to time in high school football.  I think the 2007 Ligonier team went 9-1 with a first round playoff loss and then followed that up with a 3-6 season.  I think Ligonier leaned on some senior running backs that year and didn't really have a plan going into the next season.   It can happen to anyone. 
Since LV and Laurel Valley started playing together in 2010 (correct?) they are 62-10 in conference (861.) .  They've won their last 25 in conference by mercy rule.  They have a sophomore class of 3 kids.  For most single A programs that would cripple them beyond repair.  However, due to the enrollment Liggy has 19 juniors and around 12 freshman,  If they bring in another class of 10 or more your roster will still be the biggest in the league, at least the top 2 or 3, with about 44 or 45.  It's almost mathematically impossible for them to have a losing season in the Heritage.