big drop-off

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

big drop-off

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

It is interesting to see how far some teams drop over the course of a year, Johnstown and Bishop mccort in particular, maybe if coaches took a page out of Rogers book and actually taught the younger kids something they would be ready to play when they come up.  Dog him all you want but this current streaks there on has had many different faces,  maybe mccort could have worried less about running up there running backs yardage or Johnstown could have taken out their quarterback and played some younger talent.  Huntington goes in the same category for running up borders number
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: big drop-off

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Credit wheeler at BG as well he is done a good job changing the people and still getting the same result
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Who cares about Ligonier Valley?
RamFan1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by RamFan1 »

Enzo...just stop.
PAMDGrappler
Junior
Junior

Post by PAMDGrappler »

Actually, the teams you mentioned are always in fairly close games year after year playing in much tougher conferences, so the opportunity to play the younger kids the whole second half is not always present.  The drop off probably has more to do with enrollment changes, team numbers, injuries, and possibly just an overall drop in talent.

Enzo, LV is a very good team and very good program.  Your constant need to post on here bashing other programs and puffing your own feathers is honestly nauseating.  Enjoy your success with some humility....you never know when adversity could strike your program and the tables could turn.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

I wonder what coach page thinks about the rams. He built a program of class and consistency. Wonder where Rodger would be without Laurel Valley? I do think Rodger is a good coach but he has a nice situation.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Yes, Enzo, I've been very vocal about this in the past and you're clearly not an idiot because you do post stuff from time to time that is useful and relevant. LV is a school I want to cheer for, especially with the talent the last 3 years. It's a public school in a nice historical down. Everything appealing to me. I try to keep the opinion that most all of LV is very humble and understands the ride they're on. Don't let your voice cast shadows on the community that you obviously love so much. As an area football enthusiast, I want our local teams to do well. That goes for any sport. Last season, I don't know if I would've been happier had Berlin beat Ridge than Ridge having the chance to move on with that great team....still can't believe Clarion beat them. Anyhow, just relax there Pedro.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

I've always thought you can tell more from a coach when he has less talent around than when a team is loaded.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
MrAnonymous
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by MrAnonymous »

He would probably have a good single A program and even if they were AA they would still be pretty good. Roger took a pretty bad Ligonier team/program and within two years had them consistently making the playoffs. He was building a good program before the schools merged. I could be wrong, but I think Ligonier only lost one game to laurel valley in Rogers tenure as head coach and that was his first year. Almost every single one of LV’s top athletes since the merger would have gone to Ligonier....Anthony Tutino, Curtis Markoski, Ryan Torrance, Alec Bloom, Colin Smith, Jackson Daugherty, Aaron Tutino.The only standout football player that I can think of who would have played for Laurel Valley is Elijah Parish.  Not to say all of them and I could be missing people, but most would have played for Ligonier. Don’t know about coach Page, but I know his son Jeff is one of the biggest supports of the current Rams and the former laurel valley players who are on the current coaching staff, of which there are at least two, would probably tell you he’s pretty proud. That being said, Roger built this current program and in no way does Laurel Valley’s past success or tradition play a role in the current success of the program. None of the current players on the Rams ever played for coach page and none have for a long time. They are the Ligonier Valley Rams, not the Laurel Valley Rams or the Ligonier Valley Mounties and their success and tradition was created by Roger who has got a large group of kids to buy into something great. He has every one of those kids wanting to put in extra work to be the best they can be. It’s pretty obvious to say that a school has a better chance of athletic success when they have a larger number of kids to chose from, which is the only benefit Roger got from the merger. He did not inherit some sort of tradition or a bunch of stud athletes, he built the program to what it is. Enzo’s comments on this forum are in no way, shape or form a reflection of the LV football program. Roger and the rest of the staff deserve the credit right behind all of the players who have dedicated their summers to work their tails off so they can be successful.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Those 3 teams also don’t benefit from playing smaller schools every Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!