interesting article in somerset paper

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Re: interesting article in somerset paper

Post by Jimjohn81 »

LV is a huge favorite this week. We all agree. Are they the underdogs against Richland?
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Crimson and those familiar with both, set us a line! Richland and Ligonier 
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Why not. Richland by 7.
It ain't over until it's over.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I haven't seen Ligonier play this year, but Richland is pretty good. They have a good line and Hauser is a nice QB, Burke is a talented receiver.

I think it'll be close either way.
Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

12HankQB wrote:
DCor50 wrote:Not so fast my friends.  LV's first 11 on Defense are very,  very good.  The difference from the last 2 years is the depth.  LV's starting Defense has given up 43 points in 8 games.  The other points were against the subs.  Sometimes the 3rd string.  Every game this year has been a running clock (mercy rule).  Most by half time, the others were early in the 3rd.  The '16 and '17 team didn't mercy rule every team.  LV's lines are very dominant this year.
I don't think the Heritage as a whole is as strong as it was the last two seasons and I think that has helped though may not have changed much scoring, but last season they gave up only 26 in 10 games. and they gave up 30 through 10 in '16. They didn't mercy rule the A state runner up Homer Center in a 35-6 game last season and a 41-12 game against PL in '16. Close enough. Nobody is saying this team or line isn't good, but the stats aren't the same. 
Couple things...  1. You may be right, the Heritage may be down.  Problem is until someone plays someone outside the league we have no way of knowing.  We'll get an idea Friday at least how the stack up against 1 of the two other predominately single A conferences
#2.  Are you sure those weren't mercy rule games against HC and PL?  I'm not sure, just asking.  Could have been a late score by the losing team but once the rule is in effect, it's in effect the entire 2nd half.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Burke and Kovalchick will be the best dbs that LV has seen all year.  However from seeing how Brandon has defended Jon Long in the past, look for him to double Tutino.  Especially with the defensive line they have.  
Also LV will not have been tested by a qb like Hauser all year, so Richland offensively should be able to pressure them offensively very differently than any one in the Heritage.( I know someone will bring up Shade, but Shade does not have the total package like Richland, oline, qb, wr and rb)
Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

never mind Dcor answered my question
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Given the scores of its games this year and remembering they were 4-6 a year ago, would it be a fair question to ask if Richland has been tested this year?  Was it a down year for the LHAC?
RamFan1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by RamFan1 »

knowitall wrote:Given the scores of its games this year and remembering they were 4-6 a year ago, would it be a fair question to ask if Richland has been tested this year?  Was it a down year for the LHAC?
Winner, winner. chicken dinner.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Yes agree that it was a down year, but Richland was consistent.  Left no questions against 2 AAA play off teams.  Lots of contributers.  Very solid from qb to skilled positions to lineman.   In comparing conferences, wasnt it also a down Heritage, especially from Homer Center last year?   There isn't a FH or Westmont or CR or even BG in the Heritage.