Official BleacherCoach

interesting article in somerset paper

Post by youngbuck »

Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: interesting article in somerset paper

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Maybe just have the Heritage and WestPAC play each other in a scheduling agreement the first game of the year as a non-conference game, then play your league games weeks 2-10.

As long as Ligonier continues to be really good, it's going to be a topic among teams from both leagues about how to approach them. 
Birda
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Birda »

It is kinda stupid. Play week 1 based on the previous season standings.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

I would not be surprised if Shade pulls their starters as early as the second quarter once they get down by a few scores.  Then Liggy will either have to score 70 or pull theirs early as well.  Regardless, I'll be shocked if this game lasts two more years,  the Westpac gets nothing out of it. 
CRUSHER92
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by CRUSHER92 »

Does Shade have the roster size to pull their starters?
Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

maxpreps has them at 28.
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Someone on here suggested Shade forfeit the game.
SportsFan04
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by SportsFan04 »

This baffles me. I thought we play sports for competition. Hypothetically you are playing an equivalent in these games. If you need the playoff points, win the game. If losing the game keeps you out of the playoffs, you probably didn't deserve to be there in the first place. Why are we talking about forfeits? If you can't field enough kids to compete each week either don't have a team or start looking at co-ops. There are plenty of other teams in the area that could use the players.

Everyone wants to complain about Ligonier because they happen to be the big bad wolf right now. How quickly it's forgotten that small school football goes in cycles. It always has and it always will. In sport you either love the team on top or you hate them. Most people hate them cause they ain't them to quote a movie. We complained about BG they should be in 6A. BM used to be that team. 15 years ago it was BC, don't forget about the really good PM or Portage or Windber teams that everyone in the Westpac or Heritage hated because they were basically too good.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion,  but I have the mentality that you should welcome the competition. If the game is that meaningful then win. End rant.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I don't think Shade should forfeit, but if Fyfe doesn't play I wouldn't blame the Shade coaching staff for coming to that decision.
PRFootball
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PRFootball »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Maybe just have the Heritage and WestPAC play each other in a scheduling agreement the first game of the year as a non-conference game, then play your league games weeks 2-10.

As long as Ligonier continues to be really good, it's going to be a topic among teams from both leagues about how to approach them. 
Ligionier is on a decline, not saying they won’t be good, but they will be beatable and this year I’ve watched them, they are beatable this year as well. Defiantly not the same team as years past! 
"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing"