Week 11 Bc vs cc

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Week 11 Bc vs cc

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Pineapplesandballs wrote:Agreed on this. CC had agreed to play earlier in the week then they backed out. CC coaches I believe want to play but the AD is holding it up do to not wanting to lose to hometown rival.
Why the the cross county coach care about whether or not the football team loses an exhibition game?
Pineapplesandballs
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Pineapplesandballs »

CCDevil2012 wrote:
Pineapplesandballs wrote:Agreed on this. CC had agreed to play earlier in the week then they backed out. CC coaches I believe want to play but the AD is holding it up do to not wanting to lose to hometown rival.
Why the the cross county coach care about whether or not the football team loses an exhibition game?
If he were just the cross country coach then you would have a valid point. I would go with a personal distain for BC 
FunFacts
Junior
Junior

Post by FunFacts »

If it is true the coaches wanted to play and the game was on until this week, then maybe the kids didn’t really want to play. As hard as this is for some people to take, football isn’t the be all end all for some kids. A 1-8 season couldn’t have been fun, the weather was awful, and it’s only getting colder. Maybe the kids were just ready to be done and move on to winter sports or just start new next year if they are underclassmen. Just a thought.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

Yes, nothing beats when practices turn into large huddles like the penguins in Antarctica. Everyone pushing to get to the center where it's warm.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

abpk2903 wrote:I just don’t understand why you care. I wish I had the energy and passion to strongly form an opinion on things that have no impact on my life.
If people didn't have the energy to form an opinion on something that has no impact on their life, than this site wouldn't exist.
Funfacts hit the nail on the head. Just because an extra game sounds great to a bunch of 'has-beens' and 'never-weres' on a message board, doesn't mean it sounded good to the kids actually playing.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Why wouldn't BC just call around, surely some one would play the extra game,  some of the bottom end of the Westpac, ICC or Heritage, or even LHAC might play. 
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Colonel Mustard wrote:
abpk2903 wrote:I just don’t understand why you care. I wish I had the energy and passion to strongly form an opinion on things that have no impact on my life.
If people didn't have the energy to form an opinion on something that has no impact on their life, than this site wouldn't exist.
Funfacts hit the nail on the head. Just because an extra game sounds great to a bunch of 'has-beens' and 'never-weres' on a message board, doesn't mean it sounded good to the kids actually playing.
See I don't care if they play or if they don't play.  That is between the administrations, players, and coaches. It may beneficial for some and not beneficial for others.  I was questioning why someone has a problem with two schools deciding it is beneficial and playing an addition game.  This site doesn't need to be a place for everyone to come on and whine, complain, and moan about anything and everything.  You know you can have a healthy discussion, learn some things about local teams/athletes that you don't get to see every week, get scores/standings, and read some previews about upcoming games/events.   Unfortunately people genuinely seem to enjoy bickering about high school athletics.   I live out of state, I get on here because I can somewhat stay informed on my old hometown and their local sports programs for FREE. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Do we know if BC is desperate to play to play an 11th game? Or did this just come together since CC is right next door and they are neighboring rivals?
woninthetrenches
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by woninthetrenches »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:Do we know if BC is desperate to play to play an 11th game? Or did this just come together since CC is right next door and they are neighboring rivals?
I believe BC has asked around to teams like johnstown and a few others. Sounds like they are looking
lgb87cape
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lgb87cape »

If the game was at BC I heard there were no buses available  :ymdevil: