D5 Playoff Schedule

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
GoDragons
Senior
Senior

Re: D5 Playoff Schedule

Post by GoDragons »

Just curious, why does the #4 seed Windber get a home game against the #1 Seed Shade?  Wouldn't it make more sense to have Windber vs Shade at Somerset and move the Berlin vs Ridge to Windber?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

GoDragons wrote:Just curious, why does the #4 seed Windber get a home game against the #1 Seed Shade?  Wouldn't it make more sense to have Windber vs Shade at Somerset and move the Berlin vs Ridge to Windber?
Shade wouldn't agree to it if they thought it was an issue.  Shade's played its last two games at Windber Stadium and it's like 10 minutes from the school, I don't think they are all that worried about it. 
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Going to say that it won't matter where they play them, Shade is the better team and feels confident about the matchup.
crfball
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by crfball »

I assume in these situations schools that had games moved still get the "gate" money and concessions?
Husker33
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by Husker33 »

In the playoffs, the schools never get to keep the gate. They pay the ticket takers, clock operator, security, and officials from the gate money. The rest of the gate goes to district 5 or 6. If the game is played at a neutral site then there is a rental fee that is paid. The only money made is by the boosters running the concession stand.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
“Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it.”
-Henry Ford

“Gentleman, this is a football. Before we’re through, we’re gonna run it down everybody’s throats.”
-Vince Lombardi
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

Husker33 wrote:In the playoffs, the schools never get to keep the gate. They pay the ticket takers, clock operator, security, and officials from the gate money. The rest of the gate goes to district 5 or 6. If the game is played at a neutral site then there is a rental fee that is paid. The only money made is by the boosters running the concession stand.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
I believe they get a portion of pre sold tickets. But that might be for both teams that pre sell the tickets. I might be wrong about the away team. It’s still a nice money maker for the districts. No rental fee. Charge the teams to play . Then take the gate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk