Can Ligonier play with Richland?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Re: Can Ligonier play with Richland?

Post by Steve92 »

Can't we set aside our long-standing resentments and give Enzo a positive rating? For cryin' out loud, this was a good post and the guy has a long way to go to get out of negative territory. C'mon, drag the little cursor up there and give the man a click. It might be difficult but you'll feel better afterwards.
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

Obviously these two teams are very good and if they meet in Altoona, it'll be an instant classic.  One thing I've noticed abuout Richland is they are fairly young.  A lot of sophomores playing and of course they went to a freshman #15 against Ridge to win the game.  I hope the weather is nice and these two teams get to battle it out.  I've watched both teams multiple times and I think LV's lines are better and more physical.  I think #1 for Richland is super fast and can break a run at any moment.  Tutino is better than Burke, but keep in mind that Tutino has 51 games under his belt as well.  Burke wasn't a factor against Ridge and as far as I could see, Ridge wasn't doubling him or anything.  Looking forward to this game if everything pans out.
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

Why not wait to debate this until (and if) the other teams are eliminated?
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Stop using the Ridge/ Richland game to 'evaluate' what the Rams will do. It was a downpour mudbog that shouldn't have been played in those conditions. Richland was able to overcome the conditions to remain undefeated, but if it had been on Richland's rug it would have been Rams by 2-3 TD's. As someone said, speed kills. I still say Richland by 7 until I'm proven wrong by an actual game between them and LV.
It ain't over until it's over.
DCor50
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by DCor50 »

Manfred, what game do you allow me to 'evaluate' Richland from? Maybe the 64-20 win over a terrible Johnstown team? Give me options please.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

DCor50 wrote: Burke wasn't a factor against Ridge 
Perhaps it's because he's a wide receiver and they were playing football on a field muddier than a pig pen, while it was raining. 
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

A 1-8 Central Cambria team defeated a 9-0 Johnstown team a few years ago. Why? Because it was a muddy mess, turf can make a huge difference. Why do you need a game for reference? No team in the Heritage is big up front either.
FunFacts
Junior
Junior

Post by FunFacts »

2 very evenly matched teams. It is high school so experience matters so that gives a slight edge to LV because Richland didn’t play in any real big games last year because injuries. Yes a few of Richlands kids played in big basketball games but not many of them. I think it is pretty simple. Whoever has less turnovers wins. That’s is almost always the case for 2 evenly matched teams.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

CCDevil2012 wrote: CCDevil2012:No team in the Heritage is big up front either.
I would beg to differ after seeing Northern Cambria's line.
RamFan1
Freshman
Freshman

Post by RamFan1 »

PortagePride wrote:
CCDevil2012 wrote: CCDevil2012:No team in the Heritage is big up front either.
I would beg to differ after seeing Northern Cambria's line.
...who Ligonier manhandled.