Can Ligonier play with Richland?

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
PRFootball
Freshman
Freshman

Can Ligonier play with Richland?

Post by PRFootball »

What do you think about Ligonier matching up with Richland? Is Richland too fast, will Dinnny shut down LV, or will it be a blowout? 
"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing"
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Can Ligonier play with Richland?

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Let me save the Ligonier crowd some trouble...

Can Richland play with Ligonier?
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

PRFootball wrote:What do you think about Ligonier matching up with Richland? Is Richland too fast, will Dinnny shut down LV, or will it be a blowout? 
This was a foolish post. LV is the boss until proven otherwise. LV's line has been dominant as well. Enzo will be in touch.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Here I am.
I think these are the best two teams in the area, either would be a fine district champion/ representative.   Excellent passing games, Hauser is very smooth and probably the best qb in D6 ( outside of Rumery) but Caldwell knows where to put the ball and makes good decisions. and I would say the running games are comparable, with Richland 's Reed being faster but Miller is a tough runner with under estimate d speed.  Strong lines but again LV does not have a Division 1 recruit on the line.  And Instone is fantastic.  Petrof and Jablonski should be as good as anyone Richland has seen and maybe a touch better than the CR defensive line that Richland struggled with last week.
Kicking games are equal.   
Caleb Burke and Aaron Tutino are hands down the best two receivers in the area.   Who can make a bigger play, does either team have to double team and expose them selves to the run?  
I think that the biggest difference could be coaching and scheme.  I think Brandon has had some talent in the past but the loss in the title game to Central years ago, poses the question of coaching because he was better on paper that night.  Roger has won the games he was expected to win the last several years and won some games out of the district against good teams.   I know I am biased but edge to LV coaching wise.   
This should be a really really good game.
You have to wonder if either one would be the Favorite in AAA if they had chose to at up?
sasquatch260
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by sasquatch260 »

Good post Enzo.
Petrof and Jablonski will be D1.
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:Here I am.
I think these are the best two teams in the area, either would be a fine district champion/ representative.   Excellent passing games, Hauser is very smooth and probably the best qb in D6 ( outside of Rumery) but Caldwell knows where to put the ball and makes good decisions. and I would say the running games are comparable, with Richland 's Reed being faster but Miller is a tough runner with under estimate d speed.  Strong lines but again LV does not have a Division 1 recruit on the line.  And Instone is fantastic.  Petrof and Jablonski should be as good as anyone Richland has seen and maybe a touch better than the CR defensive line that Richland struggled with last week.
Kicking games are equal.   
Caleb Burke and Aaron Tutino are hands down the best two receivers in the area.   Who can make a bigger play, does either team have to double team and expose them selves to the run?  
I think that the biggest difference could be coaching and scheme.  I think Brandon has had some talent in the past but the loss in the title game to Central years ago, poses the question of coaching because he was better on paper that night.  Roger has won the games he was expected to win the last several years and won some games out of the district against good teams.   I know I am biased but edge to LV coaching wise.   
This should be a really really good game.
You have to wonder if either one would be the Favorite in AAA if they had chose to at up?
:ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:  Thank you Enzo
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I think Hauser is really good, and may be the best QB in the area aside from Rummery. Although I'd give the nod to Cecere. Might be splitting hairs though.
lhacbigfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by lhacbigfan »

[ltr]If either was in AAA they would for sure be the favorite. These two teams and Clearfield are the best 3 teams in A-AAAA this year in the district. I know Clearfield is D9 but they play in the D6 playoffs so I'll consider them D6. This will be the best game we see in the district playoffs in any class.[/ltr]
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Ligonier 35 Richland 21*
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

knowitall wrote:Ligonier 35 Richland 21*
Can you specify whether the weather in your prediction is clear or the continual monsoon?