Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
United-Northern Cambria is being played at Penns Manor
"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing"
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Playoff Schedule 11/16-11/17

Post by Manfred »

Now, if for no other reason than the weather concerns for Friday, if somehow the LV-Richland game could be delayed to Sat. and moved to JHS Stadium.
It ain't over until it's over.
Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Post by Awdhaemel »

JV was given option from PIAA to move game to Hollidaysburg as they did this past week,  but chose to keep this week's game in Alexandria.
SteelTownSpud
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteelTownSpud »

Awdhaemel wrote:JV was given option from PIAA to move game to Hollidaysburg as they did this past week,  but chose to keep this week's game in Alexandria.
Makes sense. I’m sure they would rather be at home.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

Awdhaemel wrote:JV was given option from PIAA to move game to Hollidaysburg as they did this past week,  but chose to keep this week's game in Alexandria.
 Take a team who's WAY more accustomed to playing on turf and make them play on a sloppy natural grass field....this was a no-brainer decision for Juniata Valley IMO. Unfortunately for the Hornet's I don't think It's really going to matter much in the outcome of this match up.
Awdhaemel
Senior
Senior

Post by Awdhaemel »

PortagePride wrote:
 Take a team who's WAY more accustomed to playing on turf and make them play on a sloppy natural grass field....this was a no-brainer decision for Juniata Valley IMO. Unfortunately for the Hornet's I don't think It's really going to matter much in the outcome of this match up.
The one wrong thing with your analysis is, BG over their past 2 games have gone with double tight ends and ran power football for like 500 yrds, not a spread/speed approach and Juniata relys on spreading you out, with speed/athleticism of Zinoble, think this decision will backfire, which takes me to the  part of your analysis i agree with, BG will win by 3 scores, they are playing their best football at the right time.
SteelTownSpud
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteelTownSpud »

Awdhaemel wrote:
PortagePride wrote:
The one wrong thing with your analysis is, BG over their past 2 games have gone with double tight ends and ran power football for like 500 yrds, not a spread/speed approach and Juniata relys on spreading you out, with speed/athleticism of Zinoble, think this decision will backfire, which takes me to the  part of your analysis i agree with, BG will win by 3 scores, they are playing their best football at the right time.
Really going out on a limb here. 6A school district BG vs 1A (and one of the bottom few enrollment numbers in PA) Juniata Valley. Props to JV for even getting here. I think this one may be closer than people think. On any field Zinobile will give BG problems.... 
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

BG was a machine last week, and they are peaking at the right time. One of the reasons they're peaking is the rise of Keegan Myrick. He's clearly a kid to watch. He was out for about the first half of the season due to injury. He returns and posts a couple of 200 yard games. Prior to his return BG lacked a runner who could see the holes as they opened and hit them explosively. Beyond the line of scrimmage he's elusive. He's also a sophomore. Paul Liebal is also now at fullback. He had been filling in on the line to cover for injuries. He's an effective lead blocker. This new backfield is clicking.
Aiks19
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Aiks19 »

SteelTownSpud wrote:
Awdhaemel wrote:
PortagePride wrote:  Take a team who's WAY more accustomed to playing on turf and make them play on a sloppy natural grass field....this was a no-brainer decision for Juniata Valley IMO. Unfortunately for the Hornet's I don't think It's really going to matter much in the outcome of this match up.
Really going out on a limb here. 6A school district BG vs 1A (and one of the bottom few enrollment numbers in PA) Juniata Valley. Props to JV for even getting here. I think this one may be closer than people think. On any field Zinobile will give BG problems.... 
Props to JV for getting here? Don’t make it sound like they beat giants to do so. With their first round win vs Claysburg, they went 9-2 vs ICC competition.

SteelTownSpud
Freshman
Freshman

Post by SteelTownSpud »

Aiks19 wrote:
SteelTownSpud wrote:
Awdhaemel wrote: The one wrong thing with your analysis is, BG over their past 2 games have gone with double tight ends and ran power football for like 500 yrds, not a spread/speed approach and Juniata relys on spreading you out, with speed/athleticism of Zinoble, think this decision will backfire, which takes me to the  part of your analysis i agree with, BG will win by 3 scores, they are playing their best football at the right time.
Props to JV for getting here? Don’t make it sound like they beat giants to do so. With their first round win vs Claysburg, they went 9-2 vs ICC competition.

You make it sound like they had a cakewalk. Your team is from the ICC and did really well. Why the hate for the ICC? They’re clearly far better than the Westpac is and outside of Ligonier Valley I haven’t seen anything anywhere that would lead you to just make the assumption they’re not as good or better than the heritage conference. JV did go up to Northern Cambria last year and win when nobody gave them a chance.  The point of my post is that I see no reason why they can’t compete with BG in this game. .....And even if they don’t they have nothing to be ashamed of because BG has no business being Class A to start with.