Conemaugh Township, Forest Hills, Johnstown

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Sneakers2
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Conemaugh Township, Forest Hills, Johnstown

Post by Sneakers2 »

I think I heard it's 100% of host school plus 50% of cooperating schools...enrollment separated by genders, 
say_oww
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by say_oww »

Isn't there already a co-op between Johnstown, Ferndale, Westmont, Richland, Township, CV and Windber that plays at the Point?   =))
BigSkyCountry
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BigSkyCountry »

And with the statement by say_oww is the solution to the boundary v. nonboundary schools topic. In a co-op, you take the enrollment of the larger of the schools involved in the co-op and half of the smaller school(s) enrollment. So... Shade has a co-op with JCS and Shanksville in football. All students in the largest school (male) is added with half that of both of the other two. In my eyes, a nonboundary school should have the enrollment of the district that they are housed in. Next, for every other school where they take students from, take a percentage of their enrollment. Perhaps 50% of the enrollment is not the best number to utilize in their situation, but use a percentage or have an equation to calculate that percentage. Using this system starts to make an apples to apples comparison. JMO.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Jim I only heard about the likely somerset opening from one somerset school board member. So unless you heard from 5 Jtown board members how could the opening be anything more than an educated guess? Maybe Bob and Tony have more quiet support. Who knows. Hopefully thats the case.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

It's official now with Penna Jr. stepping down at Johnstown.  I heard from Tony himself after the team's final game, so it was never an educated guess.
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Still A.D. Jim?
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

Nope, he's leaving Johnstown altogether.

https://www.tribdem.com/sports/penna-jr ... XcGrlLNqbs
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Is there an in house candidate? Jtown seems to be as close to a wpial school as we have around here  in creating jobs for people they believe are who they need
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

That's a shame. I really like Tony and think hes a good coach.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

So Coach Penna is 59 - 44 in 9 seasons.
At a AAAA school who only plays one school in their conference who is in the same classification. But plays A schools also.

LV plays schools one classification down and gets blasted on here regularly, despite actually winning more games as they should being the bigger school.

Why isn't Jtown more dominate , seriously how many D1 kids have they had in recent years? Why aren't they eaten alive like LV is on this board? If some one like Coach Foust had access to that type of talent with his scheme's and game plan, I would think they would be losing 44 games in 9 years. X-ray Lowe who went to WVU with Colin Smith looked absolutely beast mode in his Hudl highlights.