Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Coach Hoover was a RB at Tyrone in 60’s... they taught at Hdon 
Bagman
Junior
Junior

Post by Bagman »

But I think Coach Hoover started coaching in Huntingdon .
TAHS92Alum
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TAHS92Alum »

Bagman wrote:Actually Hoover and Zauzig were Huntingdon guys first .
The Hoover family is definitely from Tyrone. Hopefully current family member Blaine returns to the field this year. Zauzig you're right he is a Huntingdon guy that coached on Hoovers staff 
-BIRDS OF PREY-
Steve92
Senior
Senior

Post by Steve92 »

Will Wheeler take an offer at either PC or Altoona? I don't pretend to have insider info. Consider his situation:
From a football standpoint, he'd be crazy to leave a situation where 1/3 of the boys in the school put on a jersey, especially to go to Altoona, a program that eats coaches. But from a lifestyle standpoint, he currently teaches in one school and coaches at another, busting his tail at both ends and making the long commute every day during the season. If took the PC job, he could focus his time and effort and perhaps raise the football participation rate there. The big question may be will Altoona hire him full time and create a cushy position for an incoming head coach--in-school suspension monitor, say, or community relations liaison, something like that. That might be tough for anyone to pass up.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

TAHS92Alum wrote:Putting a little squeeze on the school board?

http://www.altoonamirror.com/sports/sch ... FIVDgLDQ6M
I think at this point. From talking to people around town and looking at social media. The school board will be in the middle of a public up roar pitch forks and all if they don't hire Franco. 
badguy
Junior
Junior

Post by badguy »

The big question will Raven remain on Franco's staff or take his talents to Irvona?
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

I wouldn't be surprised some of the coaches would be on his staff if he gets hired back. What better way to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the only undefeated public school state champion in Blair county and d6 then bring him back.
lhacfan63
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by lhacfan63 »

Steve92 wrote:Will Wheeler take an offer at either PC or Altoona?  I don't pretend to have insider info.  Consider his situation:
From a football standpoint, he'd be crazy to leave a situation where 1/3 of the boys in the school put on a jersey, especially to go to Altoona, a program that eats coaches.  But from a lifestyle standpoint, he currently teaches in one school and coaches at another, busting his tail at both ends and making the long commute every day during the season.  If took the PC job, he could focus his time and effort and perhaps raise the football participation rate there.  The big question may be will Altoona hire him full time and create a cushy position for an incoming head coach--in-school suspension monitor, say, or community relations liaison, something like that.  That might be tough for anyone to pass up.
I highly doubt Wheeler leaves BG.  Him and his family absolutely love the school.  The family environment at BG is great for football and he'd be stupid to leave it.
PortagePride
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by PortagePride »

Hearing that there is mutual Interest between Penna and the Conemaugh Township opening. I guess It's a waiting game to see If It goes anywhere.
Joe Bivitz
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by Joe Bivitz »

badguy wrote:The big question will Raven remain on Franco's staff or take his talents to Irvona?
Glendale would be foolish to pass on him again.