Coaching Carousel

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by CoffinCorner »

kmr wrote:  Was Himmer the offensive or defensive coordinator at PC? What's his coaching history besides assistant to the assistant track coach?
Only person to ever coach on staff with Craig Sponsky and John Franco.  Has been around for a couple years in BC/PC programs.  Excellent with the kids, knows his x and o's.  Question mark would be assistant coaches but word is Tim Lucko may join him as defensive coordinator if Himmer gets PC job.
slyfox
Freshman
Freshman

Post by slyfox »

This Himmer guy seems to be everywhere acting important. Maybe he should run for county commissioner not a head football coach. What is his credentials? Wonder why Portage head coach never recruited him if he was so good being an alumni of the Mustangs.
slyfox
Freshman
Freshman

Post by slyfox »

Glendale Viking position filled? I understand Glendale has picked a BG assistant coach to lead the Vikings.
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

I was told who will be named head coach at Altoona and I think it is a great hire.  
footballmadness
Freshman
Freshman

Post by footballmadness »

Tease. So it is not Riccio....?
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

No am pretty sure it is not him. He might coach though under this guy. Will be a popular hire I would think. 
IHeartFootball2
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by IHeartFootball2 »

footballfan1 wrote:I was told who will be named head coach at Altoona and I think it is a great hire.  
Wonder if it is the same person I heard. Could it be someone that might have been passed up there on previous hire or 2?
psu99
Freshman
Freshman

Post by psu99 »

It is a great hire. Don’t blame Riccio and the board. Felus cared about the kids and was always positive with them but he struggled for 3 years with the head coaching duties/responsibilities. He knows a lot about football and will be a good fit on someone’s football staff. This will be a transition year and a young team so Altoona fans will need to be patient. 
footballfan1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by footballfan1 »

Will it be official this week?  
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

If you know who it is just post it , other wise just another knowitall who pretending