Lamont Wade

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Lamont Wade

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

CRWizard wrote:He is going to be a 4 year letterwinner at PSU.  I think he is doing fine.
Wrong
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Shows how out of touch you are with the realities of division 1 recruiting.

1) He may not leave. All the “transfer portal” does is allow other colleges and universities contact the player. That’s it. Hundreds of D1 athletes will enter the portal and elect to not transfer. Tommy Stevens entered the portal last year.

2) Lamont Wade was NOT recruited due to his stats against WPIAL opponents. He was heavily recruited due his performances at camps. In one camp his junior season (I’m thinking it was the Nike SPARQ camp), he was the highest rated cornerback in the country by his metrics and performance against the top WRs. That is what go him offers to every major program in the country.

3) Why has everyone found his career to be such a bust? It blows my mind. He is playing at a university that is one of the NINE programs in the country in the blue chip club (42+ players on the roster that were 4* or better rated). Playing time is difficult to come by at Penn State right now.  To expect to walk into that program and start from day 1, is naive.  The fact of the matter is he lettered as a true freshman and was 4th throughout the year in CB snaps. He made a position changed and was 4th in safety snaps along with playing gunner on the punt unit his sophomore campaign. To put this into perspective, McSorley at this point in his career had 0 starts and about 50 total snaps in his Penn State career. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The only thing with the transfer portal is, if you enter it your current school doesn't have to honor his scholarship if he chooses to return. So it's not without consequence.

Having said that, I'm sure PSU would take him back. But for future reference, entering the portal isn't a freebie to look around, per se.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I heard he’s transferring to Julliard to focus on his music career
D6guy
Freshman
Freshman

Post by D6guy »

Crimsons ghost why do you feel people don’t like wade?
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Wade removes his name from transfer portal and announces he will stay at PSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
12HankQB
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 12HankQB »

D6guy wrote:Crimsons ghost why do you feel people don’t like wade?
Probably comes with his Uncles last name...
If only closed minds came with closed mouths
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

EnzoLigoniere wrote:
CRWizard wrote:He is going to be a 4 year letterwinner at PSU.  I think he is doing fine.
Wrong
Wronger 
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

1. Booster money stopped

2. No interest. 
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

What are you even saying? Or are you one of those guys that throws false accusations around like you have some insider knowledge?  When in reality you are mad he got recruited and some buddy of yours from Liggy (that probably doesn’t have near the measurables to be a D1 P5 prospect) didn’t. 

Based on your lack of understanding of how the recruiting process works, my guess is you just don’t like this guy.