Lamont Wade

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Re: Lamont Wade

Post by Jimjohn81 »

Enzo knows all about over hyped athletes. Ones who get power 5 offers, accept one, and then turn out to be psac level talent at best.  
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

I was wondering if we could get Enzo's insight on Lamont Wade this year? Remember this is the guy so many on here labeled a bust 10 months ago.

Lamont Wade single handedly kept Penn State in the game last Saturday against Columbus. I honestly can't recall a game when a player on defense made as much of an impact as he did on Saturday. If it wasn't for Wade, Penn State probably loses that game by 30 points.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

DragonsDoExist wrote: January 1st, 2019, 7:31 pm Funny how Wade and Paris Ford, who didn’t even make the Sun Bowl trip, were the #2 and #3 PA prospects in 2017 and #12 Kenny Robinson at WVU is the DB contributing and starting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Less than a year later, the table has changed for all three players quite a bit.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Jimjohn81 wrote: January 28th, 2019, 8:54 pm Enzo knows all about over hyped athletes. Ones who get power 5 offers, accept one, and then turn out to be psac level talent at best.  
I said before that Collin got some bad advice. Never belonged at WVU. Great kid great athlete. Not power 5.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

abpk2903 wrote: November 27th, 2019, 12:38 pm I was wondering if we could get Enzo's insight on Lamont Wade this year? Remember this is the guy so many on here labeled a bust 10 months ago.

Lamont Wade single handedly kept Penn State in the game last Saturday against Columbus. I honestly can't recall a game when a player on defense made as much of an impact as he did on Saturday. If it wasn't for Wade, Penn State probably loses that game by 30 points.
You understand that their front 7 is going to the NFL. He is not at Clariton where he is the only legit player on the field. Yetur Gross-Matos might only be second to Chase Young in edge rushers in the nation.

Not alot of 5' 9 safety's in the NFL.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Enzo give the kid some credit. Dont me mad that he is better than any player that ever walked through LV. There might not be alot of 5'9 safeties in the NFL. If I recall his comment was about the OSU game. Lamont showed up and showed up in a big way in a nationally televised game. Dont see Tutino or any of the greatest players in the history of football doing that.
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EaglealumsGhost »

Gross-matos 2nd only to chase young??? Hahahahaha....
Not going any further with this, I’ll talk to the wall to my right
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Hahahahaha 1st , the top of that page says Top
2030 edgerushers. Loses a lil swag, 2nd YGM is very good I don’t mean to take anything away from his abilities... he’s a top 2 or 3 round guy. But I promise you he won’t be the 2nd edge rush guy... edge rushers are 3 technique dL, or outside lb.... Wisconsin has 2 guys with more sacks tackles and tfl, Curtis weaver had 34 career sacks before Saturday’s game... I wish YGM well but he’s not going first round let alone top 10
EaglealumsGhost
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

EaglealumsGhost wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 7:50 pm Hahahahaha 1st , the top of that page says Top
2030 edgerushers. Loses a lil swag, 2nd YGM is very good I don’t mean to take anything away from his abilities... he’s a top 2 or 3 round guy. But I promise you he won’t be the 2nd edge rush guy... edge rushers are 3 technique dL, or outside lb.... Wisconsin has 2 guys with more sacks tackles and tfl, Curtis weaver had 34 career sacks before Saturday’s game... I wish YGM well but he’s not going first round let alone top 10
Just saw YGM is entering the draft.... hope I’m wrong but don’t believe I am.... hopefully for his sake 5-8 pass rush guys go on day 1. I still see him behind Young, Weaver, Anae... and possibly couple others... another year in state college would be better for everyone