United’s Kyle Silk moves to Ligonier Valley

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: United’s Kyle Silk moves to Ligonier Valley

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

No one will no the true reason why he transferred. But as for the times Jimjohn they have changed. Everybody wants to be seen get your highlight on tv or other places. College is turning into a free for all with transferring. I would say most of these kids watch ESPN and all they talk about is NBA players jumping here or there to go win. In a way that might shape these kids into thinking hey go where you have the best shot at winning who cares about the bridges I may burn. I'm gonna win and have maybe a better shot at getting a scholarship
Jimjohn81
Senior
Senior

Post by Jimjohn81 »

I always thought Roger was the only good coach on LVs staff.  He is by far their best coach and if you cut away all the extra stuff he is really good.  He's got a lot of wanna bes with him but I think through osmosis they are getting better. But LVCoachFoust deserves some credit for helping shape a few nice prospects on the line.  
LoneRanger
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by LoneRanger »

Just saw an article in the Trib that states Silk has a hearing in front of District 6 officials on Wednesday. Can one assume United didn't sign off on the transfer or is it to see if he would be eligible for post season play via a "hardship" transfer, or both?

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/ligonier- ... r-qb-silk/
Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

LoneRanger wrote:Just saw an article in the Trib that states Silk has a hearing in front of District 6 officials on Wednesday.  Can one assume United didn't sign off on the transfer or is it to see if he would be eligible for post season play via a "hardship" transfer, or both?

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/ligonier- ... r-qb-silk/
I believe it's safe to assume United didn't sign off on the transfer.  If they had, I highly doubt there would be a hearing.  I think the hearing is to determine athletic intent and post-season eligibility.  I don't think there is any way that he is ineligible during the regular season.  Which again, will have little bearing on the Heritage Conference as LV has won 28 straight by an average of 45 points per game.  The closest game during the streak was a 49-27 (22 points) win over Marion Center.  I believe at least 14 of those 27 points were scored in the 4th quarter against the back ups. 
The reality of the situation is that the hearing will determine LV's chances against whomever comes out of the LHAC as the best 2A team.  That's unless Bellwood has really upped their game since last season. 
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

Speaking of that link-what a poorly written article. He messed up several names, puts in "north Cambria"..... it'd be good if he did full research before he writes stuff. But he has written half-factual crap in the past as well. 
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/district-6-denies-silks-eligibility-he-will-appeal/?platform=hootsuite

[font=Lato, sans-serif]The motion to make him eligible was denied by a 9-8 vote.”[/font]
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

costanza wrote:Speaking of that link-what a poorly written article. He messed up several names, puts in "north Cambria"..... it'd be good if he did full research before he writes stuff. But he has written half-factual crap in the past as well. 
and who are we to tell a writer what to do
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Fballrules17
Junior
Junior

Post by Fballrules17 »

Crimson's Ghost wrote:https://tribhssn.triblive.com/district-6-denies-silks-eligibility-he-will-appeal/?platform=hootsuite

[font=Lato, sans-serif]The motion to make him eligible was denied by a 9-8 vote.”[/font]
Ghost, is that eligible for the post-season or eligible period.  The way I read the rule was that only post-season eligibility could be denied but I'm starting to wonder if that was correct.
BlueYonder
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by BlueYonder »

Wrasslerfan wrote:
costanza wrote:Speaking of that link-what a poorly written article. He messed up several names, puts in "north Cambria"..... it'd be good if he did full research before he writes stuff. But he has written half-factual crap in the past as well. 
and who are we to tell a writer what to do
I'm fine costanza called him out - he is absolutely correct.  It was a horribly written article with several mistakes.  If you write for a living, you should at least proof-read the article, which he obviously didn't.
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

Yeah I was hoping wrassler fan was being sarcastic, but the reason I made the comment is because of exactly what blue yonder said. And it isn't the first time the writer butchered a story.