Ligonier Valley

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Ligonier Valley

Post by knowitall »

I remember when Ligonier Valley stunk and fled the LHAC because they couldn’t compete.  Success is rarely forever. 
PAgridder2011
Freshman
Freshman

Post by PAgridder2011 »

SportsFan04 wrote:2018-2019 9th to 12th
LV 514
MC 411
WS 391
U 346

Yes  United is getting to be a stretch. I probably should have excluded them. My point is LV is not 3 times bigger like everyone makes them out to be. I complain about LV as much as the next person but this is a football "problem" not an all sport, enrollment problem. It's not like they're cleaning up in every sport every year. A lot of schools around here need to coop or consolidate in certain sports and a lot more balance will entail I believe but no one wants to do that.
Ligonier boys have won a championship in something like 8 straight sports seasons.  Football 3 soon to be four, basketball 2 soon to be 3 (I think their average margin of victory in the conference was 18points), Track 3, and Baseball last season.   That's just a football problem?
Your answer is for the other 9 teams to co-op so they can compete?
Blueandwhitefan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Blueandwhitefan »

Blueandwhitefan wrote:
SportsFan04 wrote:You do realize that Marion Center, West Shamokin and United have similar enrollment numbers to Ligonier right?  :-?
Ligonier-197
United -116
That's similar?
My numbers are the boys enrollment,  9th -11th grade. These are off the PIAA website, as of the last classification. Not total school enrollment.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!!!
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

I heard that Aliquippa wanted to play LV last year to start the season, but was turned down. They even offered to travel to LV or play at Latrobe. 
Wonder why??

LV has been dodging WPIAL teams for years. They are a total joke of a program running scores up on under match teams. Nearby Derry was even trying to get them to play. 
HSD6FAN
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by HSD6FAN »

PaSportsGuy wrote:LV is a joke. They are playing schools with a 1/3 of the enrollment they have. Move up or get to the WPIAL.
If LV is playing within the enrollment guidelines, I don’t understand how people get upset with their success. If they were recruiting, I would understand. They were denied the player transfer from United.

Someone will always be the biggest school in a conference. They aren’t a 6A school competing in a A league.

If their program is successful and growing, why is that their fault? I don’t care if you don’t like the coach, but apparently he’s doing something right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

You heard wrong, PaSportsGuy. LV is a member of the Heritage Conference. It has no bye weeks in its schedule. It couldn’t play Aliquippa if it wanted to.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Didnt the Heritage already  kick BC out
But last year when they wanted a conference,  it was unanimous  to not let them in 
We dont hear any sob stories from the LHAC AAA teams they play 3 private schools and 2 quad A schools.  
Nice rumors about Alliquipa and Derry, but not even a little true.  In fact no Coach works hard making sure his JV teams have opponents.
Several years ago when Rockwood shut down the program,  Alliquipa did try to schedule a Westpac team that declined and instead took the forfeit.  
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Derry was not going to back out of its annual game with Latrobe to play Ligonier.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

The WPIAL schedule is also mostly predetermined basically except for these "Week 0" games. 
PaSportsGuy
Junior
Junior

Post by PaSportsGuy »

knowitall wrote:You heard wrong, PaSportsGuy.  LV is a member of the Heritage Conference.  It has no bye weeks in its schedule.  It couldn’t play Aliquippa if it wanted to.
I’m sure I heard right. This came from an administrator at Aliquippa at last years title game. He said they been trying to play s scrimmage vs a Eastern team for last few years like Mt Pleasant, Derry, Ligonier.