LHAC - predictions

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC - predictions

Post by CCDevil2012 »

IHeartFootball2 wrote:CCDevil2012, how did CC look in their scrimmage? Did you get a chance to go to it? I was just curious how they will be this year. Thanks
Wasn’t there, hard to tell because Richland is good. I like high school football but not enough to spend a Saturday morning off there. 
knowitall
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by knowitall »

Only parents should be attending scrimmages.
DSixFan
Freshman
Freshman

Post by DSixFan »

1. Richland Rams
2. Everyone else.
Crushersports
Senior
Senior

Post by Crushersports »

knowitall wrote:Only parents should be attending scrimmages.
I watched the film of CC vs Richland. CC had some success running the ball at times but I think they'll struggle this season.
Richland is good, but nowhere near what they were last year. I still think there are 4-5 teams that could win the LHAC this year it's going to be more interesting than most people think.
theprophet
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by theprophet »

Can I remind everyone that before last year Richland hadn't had a winning season since 2013. They are not a powerhouse they will not have the year they had last year. They will probably finish 3rd or 4th because Richland is a school that has always have 1 good year followed by multiple average to below average years. They gave rings out for D6 championship for god sakes what program who is used to winning would do that lol. Sorry just being honest Richland is a very average sport school.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

theprophet wrote:Can I remind everyone that before last year Richland hadn't had a winning season since 2013.  They are not a powerhouse they will not have the year they had last year.  They will probably finish 3rd or 4th because Richland is a school that has always have 1 good year followed by multiple average to below average years.  They gave rings out for D6 championship for god sakes what program who is used to winning would do that lol.  Sorry just being honest Richland is a very average sport school.
LV also got D6 rings a couple years ago. To each their own I guess, but I agree with you.
You play to win the game!!!
coachcarter
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by coachcarter »

Richland the average sports school: Football - 4 district title games, won two, two LHAC titles, one state semi finalist appearance, since 2011 season

Boys basketball the past 9 seasons  (since 2011 season) - five district title games winning two, two LHAC title games and winning one (should have been in three except for a dumb tie breaker format in 2018, they had the best regular season conference record that year in what is a pretty strong basketball conference), 2018 state runner up, 2019 state quarter finalists

Have won a few D6 soccer titles both boys and girls since like 2009 - have also won a few D6 track & field titles in both boys and girls in that same time frame

Competitive in baseball most seasons and have won a D6 title recently

That is just off the top of my head - not saying they are the best around but not too shabby for an average sports school
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

Richland, Central, Chestnut Ridge, BG and Bellwood-Antis are 5 schools in the area that seem to have a high level of success throughout their athletic departments on an annual basis. Just off the top of my head.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I generally think Richland has a strong athletic program in a lot of the major sports. It wasn't always that way, around the mid-2000's there seemed to be a change with the football team becoming stronger and as some mentioned Burke has done a great job with the basketball program. 

I think every sport around here has a few programs that always come to mind. 

Like when I think football locally in the past ten or so years, Bellwood, Forest Hills, Bishop Guilfoyle, Central, Berlin, Ridge, Ligonier, Clearfield...
Basketball I'd think of Johnstown, Richland, BG, Shade etc. 
Baseball Somerset, McCort, Mt. Union, Central, Forest Hills etc. come to mind
Wrestling I don't follow as closely, but it seems Chestnut Ridge is obviously a great program, think Westmont is always good too. 

So as whole, I'd say all those programs all do well in those certain sports, with some schools doing well in multiple sports.
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by 223113 »

theprophet wrote:.... They gave rings out for D6 championship for god sakes what program who is used to winning would do that lol.
One of my boys won a D6 Football Championship, in 2009, w/ FH. The Boosters got the players rings. I see nothing wrong with that.
Ya know, some people think it's not easy to win a District Championship.